“TripAdvisor comes through again”

Red Bone Alley Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Bone Alley Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 266 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When travelling alone it is difficult to find a good restaurant. Sometimes you just want to skip the good meal and eat at the first place you see.
Red Bone Alley was highly recommended, and for good reason. It was packed, but I arrived early and was seated in a quiet location. I ordered fresh snapper served on a cedar plank with garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed sugar snap peas. Excellent.
Great service and food. Nice restaurant. I can see why it was so popular. Thanks again TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Good food and interesting environment. NIce place to take a group or to have a business lunch. I especially like the chicken planks.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was greatly disappointed after going here. The food was mediocre and was not good enough for the price. Simply put: the food costs more than what it is worth. The crab cakes were terrible if you are used to good maryland blue crab meat. Of my group of about 15 people, almost all of us agreed it was not very good food. The waitress was extremely slow. I got only 1 refill and i usually get about 2-3 refills when I eat at a sit down place.
Overall, I rate this place as mediocre and not worth the money.

1  Thank Zeke D
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I visit family in Florence we always eat at Red Bone Alley at least once. They consistently have good food and service. I was ther a couple of days ago and we all went for our Red Bone fix. Our server was talkative and attentive. Each of us one of their soups, Black bean and chicken with rice. They were both very good. One of us had a salad which was good, but not great. The fried green tomato appitizer was a real hit. It was tasty and freshly made. I had the salmon and grits with pimento and it was deklicious. If I had a complaint it was that the skin was left on the salmon which made it watery/fatty inside the creamy delicious grits. The experience was very good and I'll certainly go back when I'm in Florence again. That said, I don't think Red Bone food deserves 5 stars. It's very good, just not excellent.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

As a local this is one of the spots I love to bring out of towners. This has one of the best feels of restaurants not only in Florence but the state. The place serves great local state born platters. So if you enjoy something different and local I would recommend this spot.