“never go back”

Red Bone Alley Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Bone Alley Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 256 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Florence, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“never go back”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were a party of eight,my husband and I had steak,I had the palmetto,he had the strip,the worst steaks ever,I would have said something then,but we were with guests.This is the first bad review I have ever given,usually there is something good,service was great,no problem there,this isn't the first time we were there,same results.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Linda F

Florence, South Carolina
“NOT for Vegetarians or Vegans”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Since moving to the Florence area we have eaten several meals at Red Bone Alley. Their menu is largely made up of local and regional food items and everything is freshly prepared. Variety of foods is terrific for everyone but a vegetarian or vegan. Almost nothing on the menu is made without chicken broth or bacon including vegetables and sides. The only item we have found is either a green salad or sauteed vegetables! For a restaurant this size this is a definite negative for us as one daughter and several friends are vegetarian or vegan and when they dine with us we go elsewhere. If this is not an issue for your group, the food here is generally very good and unique.

1 Thank WhichWay?
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“A Destination”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a must on my annual trip to Florence. My cousins kid me that if Red Bone wasn't there I wouldn't come through.
Don't let the warehouse look intimidate you, it is divided up enough so it works.
Shrimp and Grits is my standard, though have had other dishes over the years, all were great!
Leave room for dessert, tonight~ panini grilled pound cake with vanilla ice cream, carmel sauce and bananas!

Lebanon, PA
“They could kill someone with allergies!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a traveler with special dietary needs, I learned a valuable lesson from dining here, and I hope that the management will after my review.

I ordered a plain grilled chicken breast with no seasoning. The only seasoning I can have is salt, but I order everything PLAIN so that I can add it myself since I am highly reactive to other seasonings. When I explained this to my server (Jordan) she nodded like a bobble head doll and assured me it was no problem - I asked her if they hard plain baked potatoes, she said they did not but that they had new potatoes that were plain - she even went back to check with the chef to make sure the meat was not marinated and that the potatoes had no seasoning. I was impressed with this gesture. I asked for a side of fruit and she said sure.

When the food came out, she placed a side of fries by my plate. I told her I didn't order them (and besides they were covered in pepper), that I ordered a side of FRUIT. She looked genuinely confused until my family agreed they heard me say fruit. She took them away and then when she came back with my fruit, I had taken a bite of the potatoes, and my mouth felt as though it had been set on fire. I asked her if there was pepper on the potatoes and she said no. I told her I was sure there was, because now my tongue and the inside of my cheeks were on fire, and she brought the manager over, who asked me if there was something wrong with my fries? If it wasn't so serious I would have laughed at her. I told her I never ordered fries and my problem was with the potatoes now. She then went back to the kitchen to talk to the chef to tell me what I already knew: there was indeed pepper on the potatoes. She then asked me if I needed an ambulance.

OK, so thank God this was not an ALLERGY but rather a sensitivity - but seriously?? I am shocked at this type of ignorance. The waitress was so, so sweet but really should have been educated on the menu items - or, as is in the case of other restaurants I frequent, the CHEF should have come out himself. The 'manager' who came over was so young herself, and offering me an ambulance rather than an apology was just too weird. My family enjoyed their meals a lot, and if you have no special needs by all means go (the ice cream truck with free frozen treats for the kids is a really cute idea) but if you have special needs, STAY AWAY until they get some more training. Would have been nice to have not been charged FIFTEEN DOLLARS for my plain chicken breast too! Ugh. I hope the owners read this and take some kind of action to educate their staff!

1 Thank Mouseturtle
Florence, South Carolina, United States
“Must eat in Florence”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a must eat at restaurant in Florence. The food is always very good, and you can find meals they are both affordable and delicious. Also enjoying the atmosphere which will make you feel like you are in downtown charleston, listening to music while eating on the back porch of a local restaurant.