“Excellent pet friendly hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The rooms are large and CLEAN, staff are super nice and beds are comfortable. Pet friendly hotel.
This was a great stopping point on a trip south, and finding a clean and comfortable pet friendly hotel was a real plus

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Civic Center in Florence. We appreciate your review so others know of your experience.
Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our stay at the Quality Inn Civic Center, Florence, SC was pleasant. The facility was clean and expertly managed. The breakfast was excellent. When we checked out, I inadvertently left a bag behind. I called from the road, and the manager, Dioni S. Harrison, was very reassuring. He checked the parking lot and the room (where he found it.) We picked it up shortly after from his office. We will stay there again and highly recommend it to others. Peggy Rowe, Baltimore, Maryland

Room Tip: Our 1st floor room near the lobby suited us since we have slight mobility issues. We enjoyed the co...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your review and we also thank you for your business. Please plan to visit again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

On I recent trip while driving from CT to FL I had stayed at the Qualtiy Inn & Suites for a quick overnight stay. Prior to leaving in the early morning I had removed several items from my purse and placed them on the bed. In my hurry to leave I quickly gathered the items back up without realizing until back on the road 2 hours later that I had left behind an envelope containing almost $900.00. In an absolute panic I contacted the hotel where the staff immediately went to my room and located my money. I made the 2 hour trip back to the hotel, upset and besides myself from my carelessness only to be greated by a smiling and reassuring staff member where the envelope contain all of my money was safely returned to me. In todays economy and the financial hardships so many of us are facing, the money could have easily been pocketed by an employee. It has warmed my heart to know that the staff at the Quality Inn & Suites are such honest and caring individuals and should be commended and recognized for this. I couldn't be more grateful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Oh, my goodness, I am so glad that your money was found and returned to you. We have a great staff that works hard to make sure our guest have a great experience.
Thank you for your review, please visit us each time you travel the CT and FL excursion..

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the past many years. The location is great and within a short walk to the mall and many places to dine. Not a new, fancy, room service type of place but very clean, both exterior and interior. My room has always been clean and the linens very fresh, pillows a little flat, but that is my only complaint.
The front desk personnel are very friendly and efficient.
The location is great for the traveler with a dog(s) as the hotel and the mall adjacent to the hotel have large grassy area to walk the dog and to work the road mile kinks out of ones system. I will continue to stay here whenever in the area, with or without my dog. The hotel is a great value for you money.

Room Tip: I prefer the room on the back side, mall side of hotel, less traffic this is the pet room area, but...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil B
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We truly appreciate your repeat business. I will discuss the items you mentioned that could improve our facility. Your opinions are very important to us since it gives us the opportunity to improve in every way.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I travel all arround the USA on business. The Quality Inn In Florence is my favorite. Super clean with a great staff is always a welcome to me. The ownership always present and freindly. This is a model of how a hotel should be! Great rooms, good rate, good breakfast and all arround nice people. Can't say enough about this site. Choice Hotels should be proud to have this location in their group. I stay here at least 7-8 visits per year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tonydref

We enjoy being your favorite place in Florence SC. Thank you for your review so we know how you experienced our facility. We are so pleased that your enjoyed your visit.
Your business is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This customer-first economy motel is well-located for snowbird runs on I-95. I was greeted courteously & professionally & assured by the management that their #1 concern was our comfort and hospitality during our stay.

There's a pleasant grassy area adjacent to the property where we could walk our dogs, commerce of all sorts abounds and parking area room entrances make loading and unloading a breeze.

You get what you pay for here - and a little extra, just enough to make this Quality Inn stand out.

Job well done - hats off to the management.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
dioni2011, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

I am very glad you and your pet enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn & Suites. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with the entire team.Your kind words will serve as encouragement to all of our team.Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Dioni S. Harrison
Assistant General Manager
Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Having to make numerous long trips from the north to Florida this year, I am trying various Pet friendly hotels along the way. I am very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff. I would have given this place 4 stars, but for the fact you have to pay extra for your pet to stay with you. The hotel I stayed at in Raleigh/Cary NC was so accommodating and no extra pet fee.... At this point that is still my first choice. But the fee in this hotel is minimal, and they are very courteous .... We need more safe, clean and pet friendly places .... Glad this hotel is trying!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms here have easy access to the outside.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maryann R

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am very pleased you and your pet enjoyed our accommodations. I will be sure and share your positive words with the entire team. Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center.
We hope to see you again soon.

Dioni S. Harrison