“Nice Motel But Over Priced For Location”

Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a good facility but Florence is not exactly the garden spot of SC. It was over priced compared to other motels in the area. I stay in motels 125 nights + per year and this would not be my first choice for value if I was not travelling with my wife and we just wanted to walk across the street for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Don!

Thank you so much for your recent review of our Hampton Inn & Suites, Florence-Civic Center! We are delighted that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Florence. This is a very popular area of Florence. The mall is directly across the street, there are many great restaurants within walking distance and lots of entertainment choices. It is also a very safe area to visit, shop and stay. I do hope you and your wife will come and stay again so we may show you more of the value you are looking for. Thank you again for your time in letting everyone know of your experience.

Always At your Service,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Rooms were large and well kept
Staff very friendly and efficient
Breakfast had numerous items
Free wi-fi that was fast
Good location plenty of restaurants and shopping in area
No smoking in hotel
Had family in seven rooms with no complaints

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear William,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others! I am thrilled that you were happy with the service and amenities that you received while you were staying with us. We take great pride in the exceptional service and great amenities that we offer here at the Hampton Inn. From our family to yours, we greatly enjoyed taking care of all of you while you were in Florence. We hope to see you all again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a perfect stop over for the Florence area or just passing through. Staff go beyond servicing and are friendly. The cookies are always fresh at check in and the complimentary breakfast is good. The music around the pool tends to be loud but staff is quit to turn it down if you bring it to their attention. The beds are so comfortable it is hard to get up in the morning to go enjoy the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Hampton Inn & Suites Florence Civic Center! We take great pride in the service that our staff exhibits. They truly love what they do! . Any member of our team should be in tune with all of our guests to ensure their expectations are exceeded again and again. We are very excited to see that we succeeded in you. Please know that your comments serve as such wonderful reinforcement of our team's effort which have been shared with all. Rest assure when you are with us that no request, no matter how big or how small, will not go unattended. Once again, thank you for your time.

Jennifer Hunt

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I normally stay at a Hilton Garden Inn but when I called to make a reservation they were full. They connected with me the Hampton Inn next door. Same convenient location, clean room and a little less expensive than the Garden Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Florence Civic Center. I am thrilled that you got the opportunity to give us a try on your recent trip to Florence. The Hilton Garden Inn is a sister property of ours and it is a wonderful property. The Civic Center area is a very popular area for travelers, business and leisure. Thank you so much for your loyalty. We hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer Hunt

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel location was super convenient. Hotel staff very friendly. Clean hotel. The only thing was the room had a smell of air freshner mixed with must. I would stay their again. The breakfast with one of the best out of my stays. I also like how i could ask for a bottle of water and they would give it to me without making me add it to my tab.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bethany,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Florence Civic Center. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team. We are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms and apologize for the discomfort you experienced. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope we can invite you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I had a planned stop as a half-way point between Southern New Jersey and Orlando, FL. We had an emergency with my mom who was traveling with us and needed to be hospitalized. We weren't sure how long we would be staying and they were very accommodating.The best staff we dealt with our whole vacation! Bernard and Joy made our difficult change in plans smooth and welcoming. We will visit this hotel again. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. I had no complaints! We actually stayed at this same hotel on our return trip home from Florida to NJ, and Bernard was still very friendly and helpful along with Liz who was assisting us with room and becoming a HH member!

Room Tip: I would stay away from the rooms closest to the ice machine/vending machine room and elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the to share such glowing comments about your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments full embody the essence of our service culture that we strive to deliver with each stay. Any member of our team should be in tune with all of our guests to ensure their expectations are exceeded again and again. We are very excited to see that we succeeded in you. Please know that your comments serve as such wonderful reinforcement of our team's effort which have been shared with all. Rest assure when you are with us that no request, no matter how big or how small, will not go unattended. Benard, Joy and Liz are all a wonderful asset to our team here at the Hampton Inn. We look forward to seeing you back soon. Thank you again for sharing!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Advertised on the highway for $44.99, typically, these hotels are sketchy at best. But driving into Florence tired as could be I was at ease from the moment we saw it. A large fence that surrounded the property that sat well of the road, so no road noise could be heard, the lawn was well manicured and the property just generally clean looking. My husband had a quick and easy check in process. Walking into the room, it of course is not a five star hotel, but I was impressed with room immediately. It had a nice big mirror behind the bed, (not kinky or cheesy) and a small couch for sitting, which my husband always likes! It was much cleaner than we had expected for the price we paid. A semi comfy king bed with 3 . Fluffy pillows, a refrigerator, coffee maker and all the toiletries normally not provided by a hotel at this price. I was even able to get toothpaste from the front desk which normally you would have to get from a vending machine. The breakfast was complimentary and a good variety of cereals, donuts, ego waffles, fruit, oatmeal and some other goodies. It's a solid 4 stars for the price you pay. The only downside was the minor odor in the room but even better quality hotels have that issue!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear 7Denver17,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. Unfortunately, I believe you have mistaken us for another hotel. I will be more than happy to assist you in finding the actual hotel you stayed at on your recent trip to Florence. I know that hotel would greatly appreciate your wonderful review of them. Please contact me at 843-629-9900 and I will help you find your correct hotel.

Jennifer Hunt, General Manager