“I'm Impressed”

Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Advertised on the highway for $44.99, typically, these hotels are sketchy at best. But driving into Florence tired as could be I was at ease from the moment we saw it. A large fence that surrounded the property that sat well of the road, so no road noise could be heard, the lawn was well manicured and the property just generally clean looking. My husband had a quick and easy check in process. Walking into the room, it of course is not a five star hotel, but I was impressed with room immediately. It had a nice big mirror behind the bed, (not kinky or cheesy) and a small couch for sitting, which my husband always likes! It was much cleaner than we had expected for the price we paid. A semi comfy king bed with 3 . Fluffy pillows, a refrigerator, coffee maker and all the toiletries normally not provided by a hotel at this price. I was even able to get toothpaste from the front desk which normally you would have to get from a vending machine. The breakfast was complimentary and a good variety of cereals, donuts, ego waffles, fruit, oatmeal and some other goodies. It's a solid 4 stars for the price you pay. The only downside was the minor odor in the room but even better quality hotels have that issue!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear 7Denver17,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. Unfortunately, I believe you have mistaken us for another hotel. I will be more than happy to assist you in finding the actual hotel you stayed at on your recent trip to Florence. I know that hotel would greatly appreciate your wonderful review of them. Please contact me at 843-629-9900 and I will help you find your correct hotel.

Always At Your Service,
Jennifer Hunt, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Below standard for a Hilton property in regards to staff and maintenance. Continental breakfast was poorly managed. Several minor room maintenance issues and lack of cleanliness. There is a Hilton Garden Inn next door and three Marriott properties across the street. Will be trying one of those next.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

We understand how many hotel choices you have in Florence and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We're sorry to hear that there were some maintenance issues and that you had a poor dining experience. Thank you for alerting us so we can address these concerns with our staff. We hope that you'll reconsider giving us another chance to serve you. Please contact me at 843-629-9900 so that I may talk with you further about your experience.

Always At Your Service,

Jennifer Hunt, GM

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is the little neither of the newer, larger Hampton across town. The rooms are a bit older. Certainly not five star, but the staff is. They went above and beyond time after time. It was like staying with friends. When stranded and late fir a meeting, they even gave me a ride. Saved my entire day. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear WM1993,

Thank you for taking the to share such glowing comments about your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments full embody the essence of our service culture that we strive to deliver with each stay. Any member of our team should be in tune with all of our guests to ensure their expectations are exceeded again and again. We are very excited to see that we succeeded in you. Please know that your comments serve as such wonderful reinforcement of our team's effort which have been shared with all. Rest assure when you are with us that no request, no matter how big or how small, will not go unattended.
Thank you for you feedback on the dated look of the rooms as well. We too feel they are quite dated and have already started renovating. We have done quite a bit of work to the public areas of the hotel and will be starting complete room renovations this winter.We are coming up on our 20th year here in Florence and we absolutely agree with you that it is time for a facelift. I look forward to hearing from you again once we have completed renovations by next summer. Again, Thank you so much for your review.

Always at your service,

Jennifer Hunt, GM

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room smelled of heavy air freshener. The room had mildew in the upper left corner. Both the freshener and the mildew caused my head to become stuffy. The staff was friendly and the breakfast had a good variety.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team. We are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms and apologize for the discomfort you experienced. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope we can invite you back.

Warm regards,
Jennifer Hunt

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I want to thank the staff at W Radio Drive for going the extra step to help me before and while on my recent visit. The hotel has a policy to serve breakfast starting at 6am... We had an event bus leaving right at 6am. Even so the staff broke policy and went out of their way to accommodate us 15 minutes early - a small thing but much appreciated. Thank you so much for making our short stay great. We were there as part of the annual fund raising event for Multiple Sclerosis and will stay there again and tell our friends what a great hotel/chain. I hope this feedback is well received and shared as too many times people only complain. This time I simply want to say thanks for a job well done. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2013
Jennifer H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Cguella,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn & Suites, Florence Civic Center. I am delighted to hear that we were able to "WOW" you folks while you were in town for the MS Bike ride. We always enjoy hosting you folks every year. I have passed along your wonderful comments to our team. We look forward to seeing y'all next year!

Always at your service,

A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very pleased, had to do a overnight stop for rest while driving. Was happy to see the hotel staff on how they greeted everyone and responded to other customers with issues. There was a slight confusion with the room reservations that was made over the phone, but they took care of it the next day on check out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennfoster, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also thank you for noticing how friendly and attentive our staff was. Our staff takes pride in their jobs and I will be certain to let them know of your compliment.

We look forward to taking care of you folks when you return to the Florence area. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

after a long day of driving, it is always a pleasure to be able to stop at a Hampton inn and know that the room will be comfortable and the staff friendly. the wifi worked well and the complimentary breakfast the next morning was a welcome addition. thanks again, Hampton inn for being there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joyce S.
Thanks you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing a comfortable, friendly environment for our guests. Your compliments will certainly be passed along to our staff.
Please come visit us again next time you are in the Florence area. We LOVE having you here!