“A comfortable stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Florence-Civic Center
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a totally relaxing, comfortable stay in a location which was very convenient to our other activities. The hotel staff went out of their way to return an item I had left to my home as soon as I requested it. I was very pleased to have it returned and wasn't very certain that I would be able to get it back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's a great Hampton at a great location. Everything is "handy." The biggest concern I have is that Hampton, although never considered a "cheap" chain, has passed along some expenses apparently because the cost of staying at any Hampton appears to have risen sharply over the past couple of years. And their complimentary breakfast, while satisfactory, hasn't changed for quite a while. I would like to see an improvement of that, especially when the price continues to escalate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was working on the parking lot so i understand that noise but the house keepers where very loud outside the room. I was sleeping late because i had to drive back home they kept waking me and my girlfriend up in the morning talking and laugh. It wasnt that much of a problem but it was getting on my nerves. But besides that it was one of the best stays i've had anywhere. The softest bed i even been in even softer then the one back home.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had an excellent experience. Would stay there again. Excellent hotel suite. Would recommend to friends and family. Hampton Inn is one of the premier hotels. My wife and I use to love Country Inn & Suites but Hampton has taken there place. Best bang for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The stay was overall GREAT! clean and nice rooms, with the exception of the cigarette smoke smell I loved it. The desk staff was very accommodating when I needed to extend my stay. The location was perfect. It was close to shopping and any where I needed to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We always stay at Hampton Inn during our travels to visit children and grandchildren. Their rooms are always clean, large and the beds offer a good night sleep. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of foods to fit the different needs of travelers.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for years, and always liked it. In May we were forced to stay at the Hampton Inn, Manning SC because this hotel was booked up. The Hampton in Manning was FAR better. We stayed at the Civic Center 10 days AFTER we stayed at the one in Manning, and the Civic Center wasn't up to par. First, they are supposed to phone your room about a half hour after check-in to see if everything's okay. We never got a call. The breakfast hostess brushed crumbs off the toaster area onto the floor instead of trying to keep them OFF the floor, and at 6:30 AM, FOUR of the hotel staff loaded up plates from the breakfast and proceeded to sit in the guest dining area and act like they were at a party. No one bothered to see if breakfast items were getting low, no one interacted with the guests. I requested to be emailed a customer satisfaction survey THREE times and never got it, I think the management didn't WANT me to fill one out because they knew it wasn't up to par. It was disappointing. We will be staying in Manning anymore, this hotel has lost its "Hamptonality".

Room Tip: Drive a half hour longer and stay in Manning