“Convenient location and super-friendly staff”

Florence Inns & Suites
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Florence
West Palm Beach, FL
“Convenient location and super-friendly staff”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I picked this motel based on location and tripadvisor reviews while driving south on I-95. It clearly was an older property but the room we were in had definitely been redone. The room was large and clean. The bathroom lay-out (very tight fit with toilet/tub) showed the property's age - but it was clean and well-maintained. Microwave/fridge worked. Minor ding - hair dryer did not (and we tried several outlets/reset buttons). Good wifi performance.

The desk-clerks - both at check-in in the evening and in the morning for the continental breakfast were very friendly, very attentive and invited those staying there to come again. Truly southern hospitality!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loveh2ofl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Friendly check-in. Left early in the AM prior to breakfast but the attendant on duty got things out anyway for us to have on our early (5am) drive. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank AuntieMoe
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I might have passed this up but for the good recommendations of other Trip Advisors. I stayed one night while driving from Florida to NY and found the Howard Johnson to be a great value -- friendly staff, clean rooms, very convenient location and decent breakfast included in the rate. What more could a traveler ask for?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Anonymous621
Maryland
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Was in town for a couple days with my wife to attend a wedding. This turned out to be a great stay considering the price we paid at the last minute of a holiday weekend. Entire staff was extremely kind and room was nice enough (though a little outdated). The location was right off of I-95 which made it easy to find my way back as I explored the area. The only negative comment I could make was that I did see a few wasps making homes outside a couple of the rooms. Obviously an easy problem to take care of, though. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jarjr
Hurlock, MD
Reviewed May 20, 2009

What a nice surprise! The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was extremely comfortable and the front desk clerk, named Ms. Vickie was the best. She was very friendly and helpful. (she deserves a raise!!!) We stuck up a conversation and found that we had similar family issues so I hope all goes well for her. Our room was very nice and for the price it was well worth it! The HoJo's in my are are terrible and they all usually dirty but this one was cleaner than some of the 5 Star hotels that I have stayed in! I would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area that wants a clean, comfortable room at a decent price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msgraywolf
Conway, SC
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I just returned from staying there stayed in room 109. The room looked beautiful, after checking in and still suffering from getting over a partial migraine, I went into the room and went straight to sleep. Mind you I didn't check in untill 11:30pm and 5:00 I was awaken by a terrible sting on my back. I got up tthe turned on all the lights and started looking through the bed. I saw something black that appeared to be a bug, I smashed it and blood squirted out. As I called the front desk, I inspected the bed even more and of course, there were more bugs, none seemingly to look alike. The receptionist came in with a can of Hot Shot bug spray and asked me what I wanted her to do. I stood there in pure shock, after showing her the bed she said she couldn't really see anything and that I needed to talk to the owner, but he wouldn't be there untill 8:00am . She went and got me a new set of sheets and expected me to stay there. I changed the sheets and threw the others on the floor by the door. I went upstairs to my son's room and expected thier rooms theirs were cleaner and I didn't really see any bugs. So I stayed in there. I went to the front desk and tryed to descretley bring ton the owner's attention what had happened, he said that he could refund me $5 that's right five dollars, I looked at him and told him I could get a lawyer and get way more than that. I was too pissed for words I left him my information phone number and email address he said he wouod get in touch with me after the exterminators come in and inspect. It is twomdays later and i am still itching and have bumps all over my body. If anyone have any advice for me, please contact me at phaeness@yahoo.com

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank phaeness90

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

solomover
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Convenient to I-95. Relatively inexpensive, and you save a few dollars if you pick up a discount coupon booklet at the S.C. Welcome Center, or a rest area.

A quiet clean place that I will stay at again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo