“Very surprised!”

Florence Inns & Suites
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I traveled from Orlando to PA. and found this a perfect halfway point. I was very surprised that they honored the billboard rate and the hotel has been recently renovated! It was lovely with a large room, nice continental breakfast and wifi to boot, The service was great and the room was very clean. This is a place that I will revisit on my next trip to the "north".......

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

They did all the important things well: the beds/pillows were comfortable, the A/C was fine and the breakfast was terrific. On the negative side the towel rack over the sink was coming out of the wall and my 5'10" husband banged his head on an ill-placed coat rack with hangers. The room is on the small side but well appointed with a microwave,refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, 3 large mirrors, iron and ironing board. Like most motel rooms at this level, it has inadequate outlets. I have a breathing machine that must be plugged into an outlet. I had to pull the night table and mattress away from the wall to find an outlet and saw crumbs, a lollipop wrapper and a penny. The room was otherwise very clean. I was glad that there was no bedspread - just a foot runner - as hotel reviewers have said that spreads rarely get washed - ewe!

The breakfast was terrific: three choices of microwaveable egg dishes, Belgian waffle maker, myriad of pastry choices, prepackaged hard boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt, assortment of cereals, bread and bagels, orange and apple juices, oatmeal as well as coffee, tea and hot cocoa.

We used a coupon from a booklet obtained at the North Carolina Welcome Center to get the rate of $59 for our weeknight stay. For the money this was a good value.

Both ladies at the front desk were pleasant and efficient as was the woman who kept the breakfast area stocked and clean.

Room Tip: An obnoxious family arrived late and felt the need to yell to others at their car so ask for a room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay and I would personally like to apologize for the comments you made about the towel rack and the coat rack. Although there isn't anything I can do about the coat rack, I can assure you I will make sure the towel rack is repaired. Again, thank you and we hope that you will choose us again on you next trip through Florence.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

The bathtub was gross and I my husband woke up to a huge and I mean huge bug crawling on him. It was either a water bug or cockroach! When I complained to The manager he said he could only give me $10 off since we had a good night sleep!! What!!?? He would not refund my money if you could believe that! I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. Good or bad, all comments that our guest make are taken seriously. I apologize about the issues with the bug I can assure that matter has been taken care of. Please don't let one bad experience deter you from choosing us again as I promise you next stay will be a much more pleasurable one. Thank you.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I think the owners purchased this hotel from a chain. Not a clean place. Shabby, needs new everything. The road sign price was not offered. An extra $10 for pets wouldn't be bad if the rest of the room was decent. But it wasn't. Would not stay there again. Spend your $83. some place else.

Room Tip: Guess I'd have to say in this instance, stick with the chain hotels. I think they are at least s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Good or bad all reviews are important to us so that we may know where our strong points and our week points may be. I am truly sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay and I will see to it that the issues you mentioned will be corrected immediately. I hope that you give us a second chance to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Our room is on the bottom floor by pool. The room was very clean when we walked in. No smells that hit you when you open the door. The tub was new and was a total 1 piece and was very clean. The bathroom floor had old tiles shaped like a stop sigh. But they were clean. Fridge and microwave in the room. Flat screen tv. 2 very nice beds and lots of pillows that looked new. Older sink area with older mirror that had some peeling. But again it was clean. Decor took me back to the 80's. Gold trim, weird border. The outside was clean. No paint peeling. No trash laying out. Very clean. Who ever owns/runs this takes prude in the property. Usually older hotels are in total disrepair. This one is a good value. Hopefully they update to more modern furniture and decor and keep this place going!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sk322601
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. You are correct, we do take pride in keeping our hotel clean and pleasant for our guest. Thank you for your input on our furnishings and I will do my best in trying to get those upgraded. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed one night in the Jacuzzi suite and had the best time...nice clean room...bathroom was clean...jacuzzi was amazing and very relaxing....great front desk clerk...property was nicely landscaped....plenty of parking ... pool was nice looking though i think it opens in May...would reccomend to a local for an in-town gettaway or anyone traveling with or without children....nice, safe, off the main road (no through traffic)...recently renovated property

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your review and on your next stay be sure to give a heartfelt hello to Beth, she is very pleasant and kind.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were traveling from the Florida keys back to NY and looking for a decent place to stay to get a good night sleep. This is NOT the place. Although the girl at the front desk was pleasant the room was disgusting! If we weren't so tired, and already paid we would have taken our business elsewhere. We asked for a king non smoking room, 227,and upon entering was gagged with a bad smell. The bathroom was clearly not clean with a used toilette and dust and spider webs everywhere. Not to be confused with old and outdated...the room was filthy. Stains everywhere! On the walls, floors, furniture, bed. I covered the sheets and pillowcases with clothes not to touch them and wore shoes so my feet would not touch the carpet. I was seriously grossed out and will have nightmares of staying in a place like this again. So much for a good nights
sleep. I have never written a bad review before but this needed to be addressed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank CLS76
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. Good or bad each and every review lets us know our strong points and where we need to improve to make each guest happy. I am truly sorry you had a bad experience during your stay and and thank you for pointing out the areas that need to be improved. I will personally check into the things that you listed and take care of them immediately. I hope this does not deter you from choosing us again on your next trip through Florence.