“I was more then totally satisfied with room 107.”

Florence Inns & Suites
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Fort Pierce, Florida
“I was more then totally satisfied with room 107.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed in room 107 on January 16, 2014. I thought it was totally great. I was traveling alone but ended up with a king size bed. Great shower, very clean, cold night with a very good heater. The only thing I found that didn't work were the reading lights on the head board. I came to relax and sleep, not to read. I was very afraid to stop anywhere but was very delighted with what I ended up with. Just a couple doors down from the front desk, I felt very secure as well.
I did have a minor problem with the wifi connecting. I called the front desk and the very nice lady that rented me the room said she would reboot the router. In 5 minutes it worked perfectly.
Finished off my stay with the continental breakfast. Very good as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home and we are happy that you were satisfied with your stay. As for the reading lights, we are still doing some renovations on our rooms and we are putting in new headboards. Therefore, all of the reading lights have been disconnected. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling for hours from Florida and we were very tired and we saw this hotel off the road and decided to try it. Hotel lobby agent was nice and friendly hotel in the outside looked nice but the room horrible. We wanted a smoking room we got it alright room is way out to date and furniture. Dust ohhh my everywhere especially behind the bed stopper on sink broken, bathroom was nasty and walls, burnt cigarette burns everywhere on the comforter mold it was gross I would never stay here again it was the worst hotel lobby and employees are great rooms really need to be updated and deep cleaned bad.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am truly sorry you had a bad experience during your stay with us and I can assure you that steps are being taken to correct the issues you have mentioned.
This is not the way we like to present our Hotel to our guests and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Salisbury
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Missed our intended exit so drove to next on where we spotted this old H & J now run bt Natu Patel, a warm a gracious host. He runs a very nice place that we will stop at again and again. Room was clean and nicely decorated, bed was a dream to sleep on and room was very quiet, I did not even use my usual ear plugs. Breakfast was more than usual continental and he insisted we take a piece of fresh fruit each for a snack later on. He recommend the Red Bone Alley Restaurant and it was a knockout place too(see review). May not be a chain yet but best place we have stayed at in Florence to date.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I would like to thank you for your kind words. By giving such a great review it shows other travelers the quality of our hotel. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home while away from home. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed January 1, 2014

AS soon as my wife and i walked into the room the smell nearly made us turn around and walk out. Whatever they used to clean the room with needs to be replaced with something else.
The sofa was a joke, there was mold in the bathroom,outdated tv and a stained ceiling.

Room Tip: Use a different cleaner
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry your experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. Although your stay wasn't the best, by writing your review gives us input on the areas we need to improve on. I will personally check into the things you mentioned and get them corrected immediately. Again, the you for your review and we hope that you give us another try.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was happy with my visit. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice and I felt safe. The breakfast was fresh and the rate price was great. Its in a good location to get anything around. I got a jacuzzi room just because the price was so good...that was nice upgrade.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is worth the small upgrade
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rodney H, Front Office Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for such kind words for our Hotel. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope that will continue using us for your lodging needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Boynton Beach
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We make frequent trips FL to NJ, and this is the perfect overnight place.
Friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms with fridge and Microwave, and nice breakfast served early. This older property has had good updating of furniture, carpet and bedding. I would definitely recommend the Florence Inn for weary I-95 travelers. We have checked out all the competition at Exit 157, and this hotel is the winner!
Lynn from FL

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, Manager at Florence Inns & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We strive to make every guest feel at home. We think of you as our personal friend and not just another guest. We will continue to do our best to provide comfortable lodging for our traveling friends. We look forward to seeing you again.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed as a quick overnight stop. We checked in at after 1AM and the front desk clerk was very friendly. We were in room 120 with two queen beds, as requested at check-in. There were folks on either side but I believe there was an empty room in between on each side. I don't believe anyone was upstairs. Very quiet. We were not the first ones to leave in the morning but we weren't bothered by noises of anyone else leaving. The a/c unit looked very new, buttons still had the brand new look, no gunk on the grills. We always check the mattresses in every hotel (regardless of hotel class). Both were so clean they also looked new. Mattresses and pillows were comfortable. TV was small but flat screen. We did not turn it on. Telephone is one of the old school hotel styles. I wanted to change our wake up call and used the phone to call the desk. Clerk couldn't hear me so I ended up calling her from my cell phone. Not an issue and clerk was still very friendly but, felt it was worth noting here. Other than a small bar of cheap soap for the shower and a sliver (very very small bar) of soap for sink there were no toiletries (not that you should expect any for this price point). Was actually happy to see very small bars of soap since it feels so wasteful at other hotels. However, the quality of the soap isn't great. It works but you won't get a lot of lather out of it. Shower and toilet were clean. Towels were surprisingly nice. We went to the morning breakfast but ended up leaving after having a half cup of orange juice since nothing really appealed to us (hubby said coffee was really bad). If you were really counting on saving some money on breakfast I guess it would do the trick but we were much happier with coffee and oatmeal from mc d's across the street. Staying in a roadside stop is always risky (since you don't always know what you're gonna get) but I'm happy with our stay here (esp compared to the sketchier places the we looked at a few exits prior).

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you recent review of our Hotel. We are happy that you found the room satisfactory. I do apologize for the size of the soaps in the room and I will check into getting a bigger size soap for the rooms. We hope that you were satisfied enough that you will stay with us again on your next trip through Florence,SC. See you soon.