“BEWARE”

Florence Inns & Suites
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have NEVER seen anything like this hotel in my life. The walls were dirty. The sheets were dirty. The BATHROOM was the worst and this was the suite . You are better off sleeping in your car. I have worked in the hotel industry and I vacation alot . I have never seen a hotel like this. THEY NEED TO CLOSE THIS PLACE DOWN.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stefhanie
There are newer reviews for Florence Inns & Suites

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have stayed here before and even gave it a good review in the past. Not this time. The room was decent, although the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. But the big problem was that twice I had to ask groups hanging out in the parking lot to keep the noise down. Each time, they left after I spoke with them, making it clear that they were not actually staying at the motel. There were beer cans in the lot in the morning. Security is very important to me and I won't be staying here again until management commits to securing the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Anonymous621
Reviewed June 15, 2011

All billboards and even the advertisement at the entrance to the hotel say $42.99 per night. But the front desk will tell you that is only if you stay a three night minimum and then charge you over $70 per night. The bed was horrible. Pillows, even worse. Bathroom tile floor all cracked up. Breakfast is included... coffee is absolute tar! Milk for cereal was warm, bananas were all bruised up. Bagels were starting to show signs of mold. If I wasn't so tired driving I would have just slept in my car, at least I know the cleanliness of that!

Awful, awful, awful!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jpatdabeach
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel only because every other hotel witin 75 miles was booked. The lobby was a dump and so were the rooms. I was afraid to take off my shoes in the room. The shower did not drain well and I had water up past my ankles. The free breakfast was served in what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse and bacon half cooked was served. On a positive note the woman at the front desk was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank AJHAJH
Reviewed November 4, 2010

checking-inn was a joke , we asked for a king bed and smoking room but we got a double and a non smoking room.... but the room was clean and the bed was good
there was everything we needed and a free hot breakfast
the maintenance guys even helped us up the stairs with our luggage and had a friendly chat

hotel is close to everything you could need and we had no bother from anny noise

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oakleyz
Reviewed October 7, 2010

No sooner had we walked into our room in the PET BUILDING , the phone rang. The desk clerk tried to tell me I owed the pet fee. I told him that I had paid it when I booked online and i wasn't going to pay it twice. Then we noticed an obnoxious chirping sound coming from an adjacent room. A staff member came and fixed the smoke detector making the sound. All went well until 4:30 AM when OUR smoke detector starting making that same noise.

In the morning we went for our free "Buffet" breakfast. After we finally found it (in the Mexican restaurant next door), we savored soggy scrambled eggs and tasteless grits. The girl on duty (barely) was unfriendly and disinterested. also, she spoke no English so was of no help at all (nor did she wish to be).

Finally, as we were leaving, I noticed the smoke detector IN THE LOBBY was chirping, too ! Somebody needs to get this so-called hotel a case of 9-volt batteries.

Did I mention the two abandoned cars with flat tires parked in the parking lot ??

One more thing -- the morning desk clerk totally ignored me when I just wanted to give back our keycards. I finally just tossed them on the counter.

AVOID AVOID AVOID -- the place is just terrible.

Then there is the LOUD freight train that run RIGHT IN FRONT ON THE DUMP !!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DAVE81844
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The room was FILTHY, dusty, WALLS NEEDED WASHING, LIGHT SWITCHES WERE GREASY, GRIMY, old coffee filter left in the coffee pot. The rooms smell, We switched rooms because the first one was so filthy, but the second room was not much better, very smelly. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family