“Great stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I walked in I was greeted by the desk with a smile from front desk, check in went well, went into a clean room, all in all a wonderful stay with a wonderful group of people that work in the hotel industry! Will definitely come back if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a few occasions and keep asking myself why I did this. Though its a quick stop off I-95, I wouldn't take my family here. Staff is nice just crime area with drugs and prostitues. I heard other customers having their cars broken into so if you do stay obey their sign and take valuables with you. Pleanty to eat around the hotel. Nicer hotel accross the street. Id prefer to stay there next time. Most of the problems trickle from the Days Inn adjacent to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are sorry if things were not up to your expectations. While we do have Security on site and no thefts to my knowledge I am very sorry that you felt uncomfortable. We do appreciate the times that you have stayed with us and hope that you will be able to return in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I would say it's between a 3 & 4 as far as road side type travel. It certainly is not a luxurious 4. It was better than the one we stayed a week ago so I guess I feel generous. It's right off 95 and the location is busy but convenient with lots of restaurants in the area to choose from. The attendant was very pleasant and gave us the "quiet" room we needed. It was a typical type room with no frills although it did have a refrigerator in the room. The phone did not work when we tried to call downstairs. The breakfast was AGAIN, the typical roadside type breakfast with wafles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurt, bagels and the like. The place was clean and fine for the one night we stayed moving on to our next destination the following morning. The attendant actually gave us coupons for a free dessert at a restaurant which I thought was very nice. All in all, we were so tired, that it was great to just go to sleep!!

Room Tip: On the second floor around 220 and up........nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

We are very sorry that you had trouble with your phone. We will have maintanence check those immediatley. We are pleased that you stayed as our guest and we do hope you will return one day.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ive stayed here maybe 3 or 4 times over past 4 years. I tend to stay with Choice Hotels because of their rewards points. However, often the room rates in Florence get jacked up for some reason at all of the hotels including the Comfort Suites I normally stay at. Why are their so many hotels in this small city?? Never the less, I stayed here again and again was pleased. I booked the suite as I normally do here, dont belive Ive ever stayed in a standard room at this location. The suite was $108 for the night (weekday) and booked at last minutes notice. The suite is the largest room Ive ever stayed in with 2 couches, a desk, 2 flat TV's, micro, fridge, and a gigantic bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Bed slept well, and enjoyed the jacuzzi. Front desk clerk (David?) was very friendly and prompt on check in. Hotel is right off the interstate. I have no complaints and will probably forego staying at Comfort when in Florence next time and stay here.

Room Tip: Book the suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

It makes us very happy to know that you were taken care of while visiting with us here at The Wingate by Wyndham. We appreciate your kind words and do hope you will return to us the next time you are in Florence, SC. Thank you again and hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013