“Okay stay, but nothing special”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed the weekend at this hotel and it was less than wonderful but adequate.
The room was okay as far as cleanliness and there were no bad odors though it was an older hotel, the toilet seemed loose. I was disappointed that I was unable to get a late checkout but otherwise the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We were pleased to have you as our guest and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate in Florence. staff was pleasant, breakfast was good, rooms clean and comfortable. We were there for the tennis tournament so the location was outstanding. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as they truely deserve a pat on the back. I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to send in your review and choosing us in the first place.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The most quiet motel I have ever stayed. Staff was very helpful. Swimming pool was clean and refreahing

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for giving us your feedback.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. Wingate/Wyndham has a pretty good reputation, so we felt this would be adequate at a reasonable price. First I'd like to say that it was just that.

BUT, we were booked into a handicapped room without being told in advance. Usutally that is not a problem, but here are just a few issues, not of which is very serious:

a) The hand held shower head could not be positioned securely for a straight up shower (since non-handicapped people use this room, too - that should probably be addressed). Also, the water pressure was just a little on the weak side. Again, not major, but notable.
b) There was pretty poor lighting in the bathroom, with no 'extra' light possible. This can pose a problem when applying makeup.
c) The wi-fi connection was not very fast. It wasn't slow, but they probably can look into updating it a bit.
d) There was just one towel per person. As an example, at Hampton Inns, there are always two per person.
e) Lastly, we had a king bed with 4 standard pillows. They had been squeezed to appear smaller, and they were all four on just one side of the bed. This is a presentation issue, for one, as it just seemed a little odd, as half the bed seemed naked. An aesthetics issue...however, they also refused to give me an additional pillow. No real explanation for that.

Neutrogena soaps were in the bathroom, and that was a nice touch. The breakfast was average, but it was included in the room rate. We slept well, so overall it was an adequate stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. It is very Important to us. We can not know about some of the issues that concern you unless you tell us and we are so grateful that you have.Because of you we can work towards an exceptional experience for all of our guests, and that is the ultimate goal. All of the concerns that you have had have been reviewed and discussed and we are working to make sure that we take care of these issues. At the end of the day, you our most valued guest is what is important to us. If your not comfortable then we have failed, and I do so apologize for any inconviences that you may have experienced. Please if you return to our area stop by and let us show how we have made improvements with your suggestions in mind.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

As we were returning to our Florida home from a Vermont Vacation we were looking for an overnight stop and decided to try the Wingate in Florence SC as we saw a coupon in one of those interstate hotel coupon books.. We were not dissappointed by our choice. The check in was very efficient by the friendly staff member. The room 2 queen beds was well lite and had a small refrigerator and freezer for us to store our perishables. The bathroom was very clean with an excellent shower. We did not hear a sound from the outside or adjoining rooms while we were there. A big plus was the breakfast with the usual cold bagels and pastry's but you could make your own fresh waffles and there were sausage available.
Complimentary USA Today papers were available. We would definitely stay here again as it was less then 1/4 mile off of I-95.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimbilly
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We are so pleased you chose The Wingate by Wyndham. I really can't thank you enough for the kind words, and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. Wishing many more travels to you. Again, Thank you!!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here in a King Room on our return trip from Florida. We figured it would be very convenient --as it was right off I-95. We usually have good luck with Wingate by Wyndham rooms.
The staff was very pleasant, however, the room wreaked of old stale cigarette smoke.Even the pillows and furniture smelled. I found old butt stains on the bathroom counter tops, dirty walls and black MOLD in the grated lighting fixtures above our heads. Just disgusting and totally unacceptable. (this was a NON- smoking room, by the way!)
If we hadn't been so exhausted from spending 11 hours stuck in traffic on I-95, I would have asked for another room.
The worst part was the LOUD traffic noises. I could barely sleep, My own fault for selecting a hotel too close to the interstate.
I found an old pair of rolled up socks on the floor, indicating perhaps no one had vacuumed that room since the last guest had stayed there??!!
I would never stay here again.
I am a rewards member and I have come to expect a clean room from Wyndham Hotels.
This was not one of them.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important to us so we can make sure to improve all areas that may need some assistance. I assure you that all complaints that have been recieved have been addressed. Please if you are ever in the area again stop by we will be happy to show you the improvements.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband, my son and I spent overnight in Florence on our way to Virginia. I've read most reviews and I have to say that management apologizing but doing nothing to fix the problem isn't a help!
We booked a king room with a sofa bed. When we arrived at the room the bathroom didn't looked that was well cleaned. There wasn't extra toilette paper, not enough towels for 3 people. The sofa bed had a big yellowish stain on it, there were not extra sheets or pillows for the sofa bed. My husband found a receipt on the top if the desk dated of the MORNING that we arrived. It was from a gas station in Jacksonville, Fl!!! I wondered how was that possible, maybe someone used the room for a few hours and they didn't bother to do a good clean up before next guest arrival?? The gym was locked and guests keys didn't opened. Breakfast was the poorest I've seem at a Wingate. The staff was nice and kind. I will try to post a picture if the stain. Very sad that they let things like that happen.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ilovetotravel211
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasent stay with us. We have been working hard to improve on all issues brought to our attention, and I must say we are making great progress, Please if you are ever in the area again drop by anytime and we will be happy to show you the improvements that have been made.