“Much better this trip”
Review of CJ's Chop House - CLOSED

CJ's Chop House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elgin, SC
“Much better this trip”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went when the place first opened, and they had some glitches I hoped they would work out. They did. I went at another time and tried their lunch. I didn't care much for their lunch as I felt we were limited on selection. The one thing they ALWAYS have is mini croissants with honey butter. Those are always very good. We went again the other night and I had their blackened mahi mahi along with a caesar salad and steamed broccoli. Really, good doesn't even BEGIN to touch the subject. The chef always takes the time to come out and speak to each of his customers which I think is a very nice touch.

Visited October 2012

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Great food, great price”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Chuck Johnson's restaurant has great seafood and steaks at really good peices. Had fried shrimp, caesar salad, roasted potatoes and a slice of candy bar cheesecake for dessert. It was excellent. Service was terrific.

“A great dining experience!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

A great dining experience, pleasantly surprised, we will return! Chef even knew how to cook Pittsburgh style on the grill.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great local dinner place”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I just moved to town and wanted to try something new. We went to CJs and were seated immediately. There is a casual feel but walking in I could smell the grill and it immediately piqued my interest. Husband had the prime rib cooked medium rare and I had the ribeye cooked the same. We ordered a crab cake as well. The prime rib was delicious, I have had prime rib before and some just takes like roast. This was very well seasoned and cooked. My ribeye had a wonderful flavor and not a lot of fat which was nice. Our salads were a good size for a side salad and the baked potatoes were nicely cooked as well. My husband ordered the crab cake which was full of real crab and very little fillers. We would most definitely go back to this place, the waitstaff was exceptional.

• Visited August 2012
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I haven't had a meal that good in a long time! I had the seafood plate and all was very fresh and very good! The price was very low for the amount of food and quality too. I will definitely go again!

• Visited August 2012