“At least the beer was cold”
Review of SeaCow Eatery

SeaCow Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Duncan, South Carolina
“At least the beer was cold”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We really looked forward to the Sea Cow and I was really disappointed. I ordered the shrimp and grits and was stunned to see a plate full of grits with an underwhelming amount bland gravity and some shrimp tossed on top. For 16 dollars I would expect to,at least, have the peppers and onions promised in the menu included in the gravy. But that didn't happen. The side salad was never served and when told there was a problem, the owner never said a thing to us. There are a number of interesting restaurants on Edisto island. I encourage you to avoid the Sea Cow.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Doug C

Hawkinsville
“Great Shrimp, Oysters and Fish Platter”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on vacation with my sisters and her husband and we stopped to eat here Tuesday night. We were apprehensive about the price but decided to check out three restaurants for our decision. We went by price and also the crowd at the time of the restaurant. We decided on The Sea Cow Restaurant because of the crowd it was bigger. The menu is a little bit pricey but we were totally shocked at how great the food tasted. Would definitely recommend it to anybody and we will go back.

• Visited October 2013
Irmo, South Carolina
“Good Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have eaten at the Sea Cow on four occasions. The food has been very tasty with the exception of the shrimp wrap which was frozen small shrimp with hardly any seasoning. Service is very spotty. On two occasions the wait was very bad and then orders were incorrect. On my last two occasions we had Tammy as our server and she was super!

Siesta Key, Florida
“The best cold shrimp salad ever”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Funky diner has dynamo signature plates. The lemon dill cold shrimp salad plate is refreshing and delicious with generous dollop is salad. Fruit slaw and toasted bagels! Perfect beach food!! Then those addictive "cow pie" cookies! So buttery and yummy!

Ringgold, Georgia
“Best Shrimp you can find...and, oh the pies!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had read on Trip Advisor that The Sea Cow Eatery was the best place on Edisto Island for breakfast. However, since we had breakfast at our house each morning, I called to check on the possibilities for lunch or dinner. We went for lunch and had some of the best fried shrimp I have ever eaten!! So fresh!! And, the homemade pies were absolutely delicious!! It is a very informal setting, but, by far, the best food we ate on Edisto!