“Always excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife & I went to the Sea Cow for lunch yesterday & breakfast this morning. The staff is gracious, the food is excellent & we'll continue to be regulars when in Edisto. The grits are the best in the world! The sandwiches are superb & no one leaves hungry. This is where most locals continue to return frequently. The atmosphere is friendly all of the time.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Easy, tasty, fun little spot with a nice menu, great fresh-baked goodies for dessert too. The owners are delightful!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wow. I was blown away. I was expecting plain jane food when I went to dinner. Our party of 10 enjoyed a great dinner at the Sea Cow Eatery in Edisto Island. The green beans were spectacular and I’ve never said that about beans. Their slaw was excellent with that bit of something special I can’t quite identify. I had flounder and shrimp that were excellent. My son had cheesy grits with his Hawaiian chicken which were fab. My daughter’s philly cheese was excellent. I just want to rave about their food. The restaurant looks like a burger joint but the kitchen staff puts out excellent food that is far above a burger place. ( Maybe they interned at some 5 star place.) Bravo to the Sea Cow Eatery. Be sure to sample this if you visit Edisto. We visited over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very consistent. Food is good, service is good. Everything you want in a restaurant. We have visited on every visit to Edisto and will be back! Have never had a bad meal. Nice desert selection.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had breakfast on Black Friday. Was with some friends who hadn't been to Sea Cow before. I suggested that we should order quickly as service has been known to be slow. I was really and happily surprised when they did a really good job. It was pretty busy, but the waitress got our drink order, came back a couple of times to get our meal ordered and served, and also refilled drinks a couple of times. Good job. Good food.