“Good, not great buffet in quaint setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Po Pigs Bobq - CLOSED

Po Pigs Bobq
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bryant, Arkansas
“Good, not great buffet in quaint setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm not a big fan of buffets. Note that you can order off of the menu. The other parties in my group did and the barbeque on their pork sandwiches looked better than what I had on the buffet. I had the buffet so I could have the vegetables. I did not try them all, but the greens were outstanding, the hush puppies pretty good, the barbeque pretty good, and the chicken gumbo good. If you want barbeque on the island, I recommend this place. The owner and employees were very friendly and it was clean. Note that for a public restroom you visit a convenience store next door, which is not very clean.

• Visited July 2013

Thomaston, Georgia
“Friendly staff, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The BBQ, slaw, tea, and hushpuppies were very good. We also liked the chicken gumbo which was at the beginning of the buffet. We had young children with us, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was a good value for a family. You can order at the counter or go through the buffet. They have a wide variety of food with several low-country dishes. They currently are located about 8 miles from the beach, but a staff member told us they will be moving next to Ace Hardware later this summer.

• Visited July 2013
Summerdale, Alabama
“Authentic Low Country Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Po Pigs is a local institution. Formica tables and self-service cafeteria style, but the food that comes from that small kitchen is awesome. Don't drive by Po Pigs.

Visited June 2012
“Delicious Que”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I've driven past this place a few times before, and decided to stop by with the girlfriend, on her advice. Boy, was I surprised. It was delicious. Fresh que, great hush puppies, tasty sauces, good veggies and tea. Cheap! I'll definitely come back the next time I'm down for the weekend.

• Visited May 2013
Erie, Colorado
“Po Pigs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

No complaints - we each had a BBQ sandwich, coleslaw and tea. The price was right for the portions and the place seemed to be a popular lunch spot. The staff was very friendly.

Visited February 2013