“Better than average”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The best thing this restaurant has going for it is the great river/marsh view. The food was a little above average compared to the other restaurants on the island. Our server was friendly and attentive. This is one I would recommend.

2  Thank Tom A

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Well at least they have a great view and our server Kimberly was very sweet and attentive. They have one large room with hard walls and ceiling which makes the place very, very noisy even with only a dozen people in the place. We started with the She Crab soup which was so salty it was inedible, we said something and they removed it from the check. My wife ordered the Crab Cake appetizer which had been cooked till it was dead and burned at the edges, a most unappetizing appetizer. I ordered the Salmon special and it too had suffered the same fate as the Crab Cake. I was saddened by the fact that such a fine piece of fish had come to such an ignominious end. I do not believe I’m being unreasonable in thinking I should expect a seafood place to be able to cook seafood.

1  Thank peterswc
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed on Edisto island for a week. A little challenged on finding dinner. We came to pressleys three times. Rib eye was excellent, tried the low boil, not my thing but I would guess most people would enjoy. Fried shrimp and scallops ere very good . One of the better restaurants on the island.

1  Thank Deanne N
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Good crab cake appetizer and rib eye was delicious seasoned and cook perfectly. Bartenders were very engaging. Beautiful sunsets on the river.

1  Thank Deanne N
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The food was average at best: seafood did not taste fresh, portions were small, flavorless, poorly presented and very expensive for the quality. We were a party of 2 and I had shrimp, scallops and flounder, broiled. The vegetable of the day turned out to be 4 (yep only 4 for my partner as well) soggy squash medallions. The wait staff was slow and standing around a good deal while we needed things. Tarter and cocktail sauce were in bottles on the table rather than house made...I mean how hard is that? Had to ask for some of our food and it was delivered late. Paid $24 for a plate that was a $12 fast seafood quality...in a place where good fresh seafood abounds. It took a long time to pay and ask a lounging waiter to move so we could get out the door. There is much better food on the island. I hope they up their game as it would be nice to have a new dinner experience.The view is great but the dining area is small, open and crowded, which got noisy pretty quick. We are regulars at Edisto and used to much better seafood than this. I will try it again sometime, but only for an appetizer and see how that goes. I can' recommend this for a good dining experience at this time. Much better is available on the island.

1  Thank outnabout34