“Nice view”

Pressley's at The Marina
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Good crab cake appetizer and rib eye was delicious seasoned and cook perfectly. Bartenders were very engaging. Beautiful sunsets on the river.

1 Thank Deanne N

Lakemont, Georgia
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The food was average at best: seafood did not taste fresh, portions were small, flavorless, poorly presented and very expensive for the quality. We were a party of 2 and I had shrimp, scallops and flounder, broiled. The vegetable of the day turned out to be 4 (yep only 4 for my partner as well) soggy squash medallions. The wait staff was slow and standing around a good deal while we needed things. Tarter and cocktail sauce were in bottles on the table rather than house made...I mean how hard is that? Had to ask for some of our food and it was delivered late. Paid $24 for a plate that was a $12 fast seafood quality...in a place where good fresh seafood abounds. It took a long time to pay and ask a lounging waiter to move so we could get out the door. There is much better food on the island. I hope they up their game as it would be nice to have a new dinner experience.The view is great but the dining area is small, open and crowded, which got noisy pretty quick. We are regulars at Edisto and used to much better seafood than this. I will try it again sometime, but only for an appetizer and see how that goes. I can' recommend this for a good dining experience at this time. Much better is available on the island.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank outnabout34
Ringgold, Georgia
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The view is nice, and the service was good, but the fried shrimp and scallops had very little taste. I think they forgot the salt.

Visited April 2014
brucepraise
“Expectations exceeded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I wanted our very first night in Edisto to include great seafood, a view of the water and boats. Pressley's did not disappoint!! Every table has water and boat views by the marina. My husband had the seafood boil and loved it. I had the fried scallops, oysters, and shrimp. Although the scallops were not the most flavorful I have had, the oysters were. Our server was fabulous....very friendly. She even surprised me with a small bowl of red rice to try, on the house, because I had never heard of it. It was delicious. We will definitely go back. I love local restaurants that reflect the culture and hospitality of the town!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank brucepraise
Spartanburg
“New Owner Serves Up Good Food and Beverages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This restaurant on Edisto Island has a great river/marsh view. Seafaring boats plow along below the windows. On the largest dock at Edisto, this eatery serves up very good seafood. A fully stocked bar offers tasty drinks, but nothing beats the Bloody Mary! It's an islander's family recipe and simply the best I've ever tasted!

Visited March 2014