“Great excursion”

Wilkinson's Landing
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Edisto Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Edisto Island's home for excursions by boat to secluded beaches known as "Shell Island". Take a short trip by boat where your group will be dropped off to explore isolated shell covered beaches. Or enjoy our canoe & kayak rental with launch and access to Frampton Inlet. Online reservations available.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great time on Shell Island! The location is beautiful and shells are abundant. Captain Michael is friendly and easy to work with and the prices are reasonable.

This is a great trip for families - we all had a blast!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I think this was our 3rd or 4th trip with Michael to shell island. I love the beautiful beach and abundance of shells. We took my husband's parents with us and Michael posted a picture of my mother in law on FB with her shell finds! Plan to go back in September and potentially try the kayaking.

1  Thank BeachGirl0214
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a great family friendly place. The prices are reasonable (cash or check only) and their are several options for you to choose from if you want to do shelling. My daughter and I went kayaking to Shell Island. It was our first time kayaking and the owner recommended a time that correlated with low tide. It was perfect for our first experience. The amount and variety of shells on the island was incredible. Boat/water shoes are recommended as there are some sharp/jagged areas with shells. We had gone on a shelling expedition from Charleston the day before and this place was 10 x better! My daughter liked it so much that she wants to go back again. She said it was the best thing she has done on her vacation so far!

4  Thank travelincarls
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've been vacationing at Edisto for over twenty years and were delighted to discover Wilkinson's Landing this summer. We have rented and launched kayaks twice--so far. Both trips were wonderful. The guide was extremely kind and accommodating. He arranges launch times with the tides to make for very relaxed kayaking. We had people of different abilities and experience who all were able to have a great time. It's an easy paddle over to a nearby island loaded with beautiful shells. We've seen beautiful marsh birds and playful dolphins each trip. Can't wait to go again.

1  Thank libbakellner
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My fiancé and I recently had the pleasure of enjoying the tranquility and sights at Wilkinson's Landing an it was nothing short of amazing! The location is beautiful and Captain Mike who headed our excursion was knowledgeable and charming and all around the perfect accompaniment to this wonderful day! I absolutely can't wait to return!