Check Availability

DoctorGB
Columbia, South Carolina
“It was adequate”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

If we were to return to the island, it would likely be through another rental company. The people at the office were rather rude upon our arrival. I was told to come on down and the place would be ready, but when I arrived, the lady at the desk told me to go find something to do because they didn't "stop what they were doing to get a place ready for me." When we had problems, we were treated like idiots rather than a customer to appreciate and help. The house itself was quite nice and in a nice location. The bike trails gave us something to do on a very quiet location, though there wasn't much else going on. I would have to say that, at times, having nothing going on made the vacation nice. No bathroom doors lock if that is a concern to you. The instructions for what to bring were not easy to understand. I am a physician, not in real estate, how do I know the difference between a villa and a house? It was a 2 sided house, that could be a villa. So, we paid an extra $300.00 for bed linens an towels that we thought were included.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Quiet, on the beach
Liked least: The people at the rental office
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Sep 3, 2013
I am sorry that you were not happy with our office staff, we work very hard to meet all our guests needs. Our check in time is 4pm and if you arrived early, we always alert cleaners and inspectors that you are here and see what can be done to get you in early. If the house is ready, we check folks in as soon as they do arrive at our office. One the major appeals of Edisto Beach is that there is "nothing to do". First time visitors will ask lots of questions about Edisto and we try to let them know that "edisto is a do it yourself" kind of place, sit back read a book, play in the water, maybe charter a fishing trip, or take a nature walk thru Botany Bay. Again, I apolize if there was any misunderstanding in the policies that we send along with reservation confirmations and we will certainly take a look at them to make sure everything is explained more clearly. Thank you and come see us again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing