Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
good local source

they know the spots and equipment needed to catch the local fish. rent boats as well as sell... read more

Reviewed January 22, 2018
dirkhardtmann
Munich, Germany
Great boat tour!

We took a morning dolphin boat tour and had a great time! We saw tons of dolphins! Captain Don... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
mswildcat
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky

All reviews guided tour ace basin sand dollars edisto beach otters safety jackie boat captain charter wildlife creek paddling island lesson miles adventure
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Over priced!! when you walk in your just a #. All items are way over priced. And you have no way to get anything else. So your trap to paying these high prices. They know this tactic. Lots of experience doing so.

4  Thank Mike C
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We went out on 4 hour trip with captain John. My daughter was catching fish even before we could get the others set up. Lots of great tasting whiting. My son caught a 3' shark. And lots of small sharks that we threw back. Captain John was great with the kids

2  Thank Robkoresky
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My partner and I paid $40 apiece for a two-hour kayak tour. Perhaps it was our fault for assuming we would be paddling in a more natural environment, but we were disappointed to be mostly in and around developed areas. Really not much to see -- a few birds including a bald eagle, but we've seen eagles close-up before. Our guide had some interesting knowledge about wildlife...and Edisto real estate, which was not as interesting, as she pointed out various houses as we paddled past them. I'm not an inexperienced kayaker and, in fact, am the proud owner of an Old Town Loon, but the EWS boat was an ergonomic nightmare for me. After about 15 minutes my arms and shoulders were aching as I felt like I was pushing the boat through molasses and had to sit up straight in my seat to paddle effectively. The paddle didn't help -- I felt like I was holding a flagpole. I realize salt/brackish water is hard on equipment, but I think EWS could do better so the trip is a pleasure not a test of endurance. Overall, the experience was a waste of money.

3  Thank courage_fan
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The island was deserted. That was a true fact. The other promises, not so much. We had a rough boat ride to the island as the wind was about 25 mph that day. We walked a good two miles along the shore but found very limited shells. I think I found one sand dollar and the others of our group fared no better. My husband, a professional photographer, was excited about getting some great pictures but was disappointed as there was nothing but beach, dead trees and a few birds at water's edge. On the return trip the ride was rough and everyone got soaked from the waves. The only consolation was getting to see a couple of dolphins around the boat. For $80, we felt short-changed and would have rather done something else.

1  Thank Cowgirl07
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I booked a charter to fish on one of my days on Edisto Island. I picked a 4 hour trip since I had 2 "first-timers" going out. The captain was an excelent guide and he helped the young boy(9) in our party to learn a lot about fishing. This place tries to coordinate intetested people who may have only 1 or 2 in their party meet up with others that would be a good to share the cost of the boat.
We all had a great time and I would highly recommend this business.

2  Thank CinCin2Go