“Well equipted”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Melissa C
“Fabulous location, not-fabulous interior/grounds”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

If you are the outdoorsy camper type, this property may be just right for you with its access to incredible wildlife (birds, shorebirds, crabs, fish, deer – and dock access with splendid views of the saltmarshes). This, alone, is why I convinced my parents to remain at this vacation rental: the secluded nature of the property.

Knowing this was an older property (with a corresponding lower rental rate), naturally I expected some wear and tear. What I did not expect was the lack of upkeep. Each drive down the rural lane left us mowing over weeds that reached halfway up the car. The yard was no better. But it was the interior that was the biggest turn off: we were greeted by the thick stench of mold/mildew/must and corresponding ceilings with peeling drywall and mold evidence above them in two rooms (not at all as advertised). People with allergies would be wise to avoid this property (all of our clothes, luggage, and my father’s C-PAP machine returned home with this smell; some things will have to be replaced). The only thing we could do to mask the odor was to buy candles and air fresheners, which the realty company reimbursed us for.

What’s more, the interior of the house was filthy: stains on the carpet, the walls smeared with dirt/fingerprints over the beds, long hairs on the pillows, blood stains on the comforters, and dilapidated furniture with the stuffing falling out/disgustingly dirty throw pillows (we draped everything with sheets we'd brought) The kitchen was so dirty -- with grease on the stove and windows -- we chose to eat out every night.

I realize this is a property where renters are expected to clean up after themselves (floors, bathroom, kitchen), but my experience from other rental situations is that a housecleaner generally comes in at some point to dust and do thorough cleanings. The curtains, window blinds, and valances were covered in dust, the fireplace was strewn with cobwebs, and the windows were covered in cobwebs and dirt. I assume that the renter ‘cleanings’ are all that take place here?

So, if you’re not afraid of dirt (when I vacuumed the living room carpet, I had to empty the canister three times to remove someone else’s pet hair) and OK with masking stinky smells with candles, this is one of the more affordable rentals with great wildlife views. (The only reason I rated this a 2 was because of the outdoor views).

Hopefully by the time you rent, the owners will have remedied some of the problems (which I suggested to the rental company, but received no response in two weeks).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Access to nature
Liked least: The unclean interior
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
sc
Reviewed October 11, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing