“Wish I Never Contacted Meg”

Botany Bay Ecotours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Edisto Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The ONLY biologist-owned ecotour business on Edisto and the ACE Basin
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We, a group of 6, scheduled one of Meg's "Sunset Cruise" tours. She never showed up. The tour, which was scheduled for 6:30, never happened. We were there, the weather was beautiful, wine was purchased but no Meg. Called her at 6:45 and a supposed employee answered and tried to tell us they had called and left a message that she was cancelling due to bad weather. Weather was GREAT! As a pilot I checked the radar and found no problems and no reason for her to cancel. Check my phone, no message, no mssed calls. I believe she simply didn't want to do the tour due to a beautiful evening. I suggest you don't get your hopes up on her showing up and remember she is not dependable.

11  Thank FremontDan
in 8 reviews
"beautiful sunset"
"eco system"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"plant life"
"brown pelicans"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Reviewed April 26, 2011

One of the best tours I've ever attended. I've lived in the coastal region my entire life, yet I'd never noticed half of the things Meg pointed out on our trip. It was easy to find the marina, and the parking area was adjacent and free. Meg has an easy, conversational style that kept us all laughing yet learning the entire time. She answered our questions with an enthusiasm that shows she really loves what she's doing. Meg told wonderful stories about the wildlife habits, the local environment and the area's cultural history; nothing dry about this tour. Don't forget your camera! I'd do this tour again, or one of her others in a heartbeat.

8  Thank SophieTucker2214
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Our group of 6 ranging in age from 3 to 89 had a great time on the boat trip on a beautiful day. We saw lots of dolphins, a bald eagle and nest, and learned a lot about the nature & history of the area. Thanks for answering all our questions! :)

8  Thank honeydu00