TripAdvisor

Review of Chef Bob's Cafe

Chef Bob's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Edgefield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went to Chef Bob's yesterday for lunch. The food was wonderful. It could have been a little warmer, but wonderful none the less. And the service was spot-on. We are looking forward to going again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (27)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

There were only 2 restaurants open for lunch. Nonna's and Edgefield Grill were closed because of the 4th of July holiday. And that was on Tuesday. Chef Bob's is a buffet and pricey for lunch at $13. That did include iced tea and one dessert. Extra desserts are. 75 each. Food was good but only fried chicken tenders and fries pork chops as the main entree. Both were good. Waitress and chef were very nice and helpful. Banana pudding was delicious. We left Edgefield one day early because of the lack of restaurants.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch.
We both had the buffet which had chicken chicken tenders macaroni and cheese sweet potatoes mashed potatoes with gravy a couple selections of dessert biscuits but the best thing that we both liked was the wild rice soup.this is definitely a restaurant we would go back to again if we are in the area I liked it but I would not go out of my way which was an hour away to this restaurant again.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

First of all it is very expensive for everything he sells. The seafood buffet did not have enough of a variety and at almost 35.00 dollars definitely was not worth the money. Ordered the chicken plate which was the least expensive on the Menu. Enough chicken for three people but was salty. The gravy on the mashed potatoes tasted like it came from a can. Definitely would never waste my money or gas to ever eat there again!!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Pam0234
Reviewed July 25, 2018

This was our first trip to Chef Bob's and definitely won't be our last. We were greeted by Chef Bob who explained what was on the buffet. On the day we were there the two meats were ham steaks and fried chicken strips. Both were delicious as well as the assortment of sides. The vegetable-beef soup was great withvlots of big cubes of tender beef. The banana pudding was made from scratch and was so good. The lady serving was friendly and came by our table often to be sure our tea glasses were filled and to ask if we needed anything. Both the restaurant and restroom were very clean. A great place for lunch.

Date of visit: July 2018