“Never got past the rude hostess”
Review of Bleu Voodoo Grill

Bleu Voodoo Grill
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Easley
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Marietta
“Never got past the rude hostess”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We'd heard the food at this place was pretty average but the decor would make it worth the trip. Let me say, up front, we didn't eat here because we've never been so rudely "greeted" and, in the end, decided that we couldn't accept much less reward such poor service. This was Saturday evening before Mothers Day. We came in from the back parking lot, up onto the "porch." Now, we'd never been here before and there didn't appear to a full house out on the porch. There were no signs saying that this was overflow dining only; in fact, there was a hostess station and some benches out there, making it appear as though it was a real restaurant that expected to greet and seat customers from that spot. There was also no sign saying to come to the front (street side) of the restaurant to be seated. When someone finally came out of the restaurant (and it took quite a while), she pretty much berated us - and not just a little bit - for being out there because there were plenty of seats inside. So, at this point, I don't really care how unique their decor is because there's no excuse for treating customers that badly. I realize it may have been just one person having a bad day but, I promise you, I've got a temper and flown off the handle a time or two and even I have never spoken to a customer that way. I wish them well, but it won't include supporting them with my patronage.

• Visited May 2013

Easley
“Unusual find in a small town”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not your typical resturant in Easley. But what a gem!! Love the food, service, entertainment! Great place for a date or family dinner. I strongly suggest the smothered chicken with grilled onions, bacon, and cheese! This is a favorite place for my family.

• Visited May 2013
Easley, South Carolina
“First time experience”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I had a date here a couple weeks ago and it was not what we expected... there was no greeter when we walked in. After we finally got seated, we met our "waitress". She was terrible.... no refills, order wasn't right. The fried pickles was good but the aligator bites was terrible. Did not taste fresh at all.... I guess for those that have never eaten it, it taste fine. My Whatadamngood Burger was RAW. I did not know I had to specify cooked when I ordered. Not "pink" but raw. I am not kidding. We hated it. I tell people now not to go there. I guess the only people that enjoy it are probably at the bar area drunk. Not good.

• Visited April 2013
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We eat here every Friday night, sometimes Saturdays as well!! The staff and owners are very nice and take great care of us! Food is fresh and made to order and there's nothing we don't like. To mr. Wjameson up there, you should probably get your facts straight before running off at the mouth, the owner was already out of that business BEFORE it was burned down. The person responsible was punished and the BV owner was rightfully in the clear. We have several parties there with large groups, and never have a problem with getting a table. They've told us several times they only hold tables for 20 or more, and it's common sense if you don't show up when you're suppose to they will give your table away. Any place will do that. But anyways, we recommend this place to everybody and will continue to show our support!

Easley, South Carolina
“I wouldn't feed my dog with this food!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't reserve tables for a group they won't hold them! The owners former restaurant was burned down for insurance money.