“Unexpected Surprise”

Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Duncan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Hampton Inn for a conference and were very unfamiliar with the area. We were looking for a nice restaurant and found Demetre's with our GPS. We almost didn't stay because when we walked in the smell of smoke was very strong and the bar was visible from where we entered, but we were hungry and there wasn't anywhere else close that we could find. We do not smoke or drink alcohol. My husband said we would try it and the waitress seated us in the back of the dining room, away from the bar which was quiet and no one was smoking there. The atmosphere in this part of the restaurant was more upscale and elegantly decorated. My husband ordered a rib-eye which was better than average and I hesitantly ordered the prime rib which was excellent. Baked potatoes, salad, soup was all very good. Rolls were cold. Prices are typical of a higher-end facility. Don't get in a hurry if you eat here though. The waitresses were attentive, but it takes a while to get your food. We would eat here again if in the area. It was a pleasant surprise!

1  Thank mjframe
There are newer reviews for Demetre's

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This restaurant is old school. Is has a lounge and I mean a lounge not a bar. It has a smoking and non smoking section, it's like eating in a time machine. The menu is eclectic. A little bit of everything. I had a steak and my wife had a gyro, both great. The service is casual and good. Great prices. We will be back

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place is a smoking restaurant...it stinks in here, but unfortunately I was at the Hampton Inn and it’s the only place that has a bar. Servers very great but the food was just average if that.

4  Thank AndyW2
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ordered ribeye for my wife and beef tips for me; both were wonderful and tender. The service was above average, but the restaurant was not full yet. Prices were slightly high, but for the money you received plenty of food, enough to take home. The only negative is they allow smoking in the bar and it is not contained to just the bar. The more people, the worse it got; even a smoker who was eating with us made a comment about it. Overall though, good food and service.

2  Thank I26Moore
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had the Saganaki, a gyro and a glass of wine....23 bucks for good food. The place appeals to a wide range of people which made it even better. Only downside is you can still smoke at the bar.

1  Thank CVI0136