“Good food but a little pricey”

El Molcajete Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Duncan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have dined in and have gotten take-out from this restaurant several times. The food is good, but I would rate the service as mediocre and the prices seem a bit higher than other Mexican restaurants in the area.

There are newer reviews for El Molcajete Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is our favorite place for mexican. I'm not sure where all of the negative comments are coming from. Our food is always wonderful and the staff is great as well. They have great salsa and the prices are reasonable. This is a family restaurant and our kids love eating here also.

1  Thank SCTraveling4
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't expecting high end Mexican in Duncan, SC and certainly didn't get it. Food was average and the ambiance was, well, not so great. Seemed to be a popular spot for the high school crowd, but unlike other posts, I didn't see many (any?) families, small children, or couples. In retrospect, I should have just sat at the bar as I would have been just as comfortable as I was in the dining room. On a positive note: the server was quite pleasant and very attentive.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is one of my favorite take-out restaurants. The food is good and the prices are very reasonable. I LOVE their mushroom quesadillas. Typically when I phone in an order, they say it will be ready in 10 minutes. They always beat that.

The dining room isn't the most spiffy and polished, but the service is good and there's no reason why someone wouldn't enjoy their visit.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Food was as expected but the atmosphere was like a tree house. Way too many kids running free. Parental supervision was not encouraged and kids were literally running amok in the place. Noisy and not a good place for adults to enjoy a meal or an adult beverage.