“El Mexicano Restaurant, 2113 E Main St, Duncan, SC”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“El Mexicano Restaurant, 2113 E Main St, Duncan, SC”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We found this typical of most Mexican Restaurants we have visited. Tacos were large, very fresh shells and the shredded cheese they used was great.

Good service, good food, good price.

Seems like the area to the right is for families or larger groups. We sat there and it was very noisy and distracting. GO LEFT.

Also, they have a very annoying "beeping" sound every time the door opens. SIT IN THE BACK, AWAY FROM THE DOOR.

• Visited June 2014

“Bueno!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went there last night with a party of about 30, we took up half the restaurant and they took great care of us. The food is always good, we had the Pollo Adobe, it is really good.

Visited April 2014
Greer, South Carolina
“Mis amigo”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Relatively new to the Greer area my wife and I have been trying the local Mexican restaurants between Greenville and Spartanburg. This one on a Sunday afternoon had several cars and overall good reviews so we went in.

The service was prompt and courteous. We tried the salsa, avocado and cheese dips. All three were good and the chips were good too. My wife had a small combo of enchiladas and I had the fajita combo of beef chicken and shrimp. Her dish was good and my dish was very good.

The service remained excellent throughout the visit. The prices were reasonable. This is my new favorite topping Willie Taco, Chuy's, Compadre's, and La Parrilla. Those by the way are in order from high to low.

Enjoy, mis amigo, El Mexicano will not disappoint.

• Visited March 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“What was it??”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I came here because of the reviews. I should have realized most of the reviews were fairly old. I ordered the Tamale Deluxe. Somewhere under an extreme mess of stuff, I found the tamale. I honestly have no idea what the grey, gooey, glop was that surrounded it. There were two fried flautas with it. Those were actually fairly good.

I had also ordered a side of quacamole. The only good thing I can say for it is that it was green. Pasty tasting, I'm sure there was some avocado in there, but nothing else that I could determine.

This is the second mexican restaurant in Duncan that I have tried and have been sorely disappointed. What does it take to find a mexican place that serves food made with fresh, flavorful ingredients, that hasn't been cooked to death or covered with goo, and plated with some kind of care and pride?

• Visited July 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Best Mexican food in Duncan”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

If you want great food and great service this is the place. The menu has a great selection and they will add or delete anything you like. Our dinner was fantastic and they have healthy choices too. We will be back

Visited February 2013