Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed September 22, 2009

During my stay I had my wallet, watch, and ring stolen out of my room while I was in the shower and my daughter was sleeping - unfortunately I didn't use the latch lock inside so there must have been a pass key used to get in the door. The office noted that the security cameras did not work except for rooms 2-4. The management seemed unconcerned even though a truck also had an attempted break-in the exact same night.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
HIEDUNCAN, Manger at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2009

The hotel was very sad for the guest who had his items stolen from him. However, the hotel was not the reason nor the place where the guest's items were lost or stolen from. The guest did not remember where he lost his items and thought it was lost or stolen at this hotel. After careful investigation by our hotel staff and local police department, it was notified that the items were not lost nor stolen from this property. This property had nothing to do with that incident.

Once again, we are very sorry for the guest's lost and we tried our very best to find out what happened and who was involved in this issue. The police were able to find the guy who stole the guest's items and it was assured that the incident did not take place at this property nor by any employees of this property.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, to break up our drive while on our way to Gatinburg, TN. We chose this hotel because it is pet friendly and they charged us, what we thought was a resonable rate ($35 non-refundable fee) to bring our dog. Most of the other hotels we looked into that were closer to the highway in Spartanburg were charging much higher rates (a lot were charging $75) for a pet fee.

The room we stayed in was a nice size for a hotel room and it was very clean. The bed was OK (a little springy), lots of pillows (choices that had stitching that labeled them as soft or firm), nice sized-bathroom, and it also had a bonus of a mini-fridge and microwave. The hotel also included free wireless internet access.

In the morning, there was a free continental breakfast that had both hot and cold items to choose from. There were also breakfast breads such as muffins, bagels, and cinnamon rolls.

My only complaint is that the walls were kind of thin. We could hear people as they were opening and closing their doors. We could also, unfortunately, here what we assumed were children running around in the room above us ....until after 10:30 pm at night, which was a little annoying.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We were in town for a four day event. After checking in and unpacking we discovered the room wouldn't cool down sufficient for my husband. Within 10 minutes the front desk girl contacted the manager and had a key to move us to an upgraded room. I gladly repacked. The staff at this hotel are superb. We will definately stay here when we return to Duncan.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past two years on my way to Augusta, Georgia. The rooms are very clean, everything works and the breakfast bar is well-stocked. The staff personnel are always friendly and helpful. I have never had a bad surprise at this location. I have never been awakened by other loud guests or noise from the outside of the building.

My compliments to the owner and the staff!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Very large room (2 Qn beds) with a good size bathroom for an Express. Pretty clean room, only minor issues. Indoor pool was nice, but not heated as advertised. Hotel is in process of being purchased by a new owner, so staff was in change mode. Put us in a smoking room on a smoking floor, but switched us without a problem when I complained. Easy access off/on highway, but follow directions exactly or you'll be past it before you know it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Overall it was a decent place to stay. I would stay there again.
I had issues with the pool, I thought it was dirty, especially the whirlpool, it had black grime all the way around on the sides of it.
The maid took our towels and did not replace them, I had to call the desk to get more. I also had issues with the breakfast, It wasn't being looked after and some of the food looked like it had been sitting for a pretty good while. They ran out of milk and some of the other food too.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Nice hotel. Lobby had stairway to second floor that was attractively done; breakfast room adjacent. Check-in was fine. Room was clean; beds comfortable; internet available; breakfast included make-your-own waffles - all pretty typical for HIE. It is tricky to find the property, and there was a huge sink hole en route over a drain (not HIE's fault); I think they are anticipating growth in this area someday as they are a bit isolated, but all this would not deter me from staying there again. Fast foods close by and full restaurants within a mile or two. Worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)? Share your experiences!