“Really nice place!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Florida
“Really nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

A very nice example of Baymont properties. Friendly efficient check-in, large clean room with micro wave, fridge, king bed and large flat screen. Strong WIFI and good breakfast. A great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

First and foremost, the staff, and I mean ALL the staff (from Anne the manager, to Amber to housekeeping...EVERYONE) should pat yourselves on the back. Such attention to detail was paid to the renovated rooms and to the individual attention paid to each guest.

I wasn't planning on staying as long as I did, but a family emergency deemed it necessary that my stay was decided last minute of each day. The staff was outstanding with making sure I didn't have to change rooms, etc.

The rooms were VERY clean. That is a huge pet peeve of mine while traveling. The sheets were freshly laundered and the beds had blankets which were washable each time and comforters which were geometric in design and light enough that you could look at them and tell they were kept clean. These were not the budget hotel things you're afraid to touch. The rooms were CLEAN. Each bed came with four pillows. The king non-smoking had a comfy fat chair with ottoman that was the equivalent to a suuuuuper comfy chaise lounger.

Decor was nice - not overdone gold leaf crap, nice and tasteful. They have done a wonderful job of renovating a property that has been around for a bit.

Continental breakfast was not simply cereal and oatmeal. If I remember correctly, the continental breakfast consisted of:

- muffins
-hot belgium waffle iron (pour your own and make your own waffles)
-biscuits and gravy
-hard boiled eggs
-toast/bread
- various cereals
- various fruits
- various hot cereals
- fresh coffee
- orange juice and apple juice

As much as I love Cracker Barrel (across the street) there really was no need to go spend $10/person when a decent breakfast was served for free. Who does this anymore?!

The property has a workout room the width of the swimming pool enclosure. There are vending machines on property as well as easy access to ice machines. My room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker (single pod/tray combo). For the ladies, blow dryers are available in the rooms.

No/low noise on either side of the hotel. The hotel is maybe 3/4 mile from a major interstate, but road noise was never an issue. The hotel itself is nestled in a couple of tree lines which act as wonderful sound dampeners.

Detail oriented: the center lamp between the two double beds has 2 switches on the base - one for each bed to control his/her own light within the single fixture. Points for detail.

Ample parking and late night food is available with a very short walk across the parking lot.
The parking lots on both sides are extremely well lit. I never felt unsafe (not even an inkling) while I was there.

I'm still trying to figure out how Anne runs such a well-oiled machine in the Baymont Inn yet only charges one of the lower rates in that area!! If this hotel charged $85-$100/night, they would be called the Four Seasons at a discount. :) I've stayed at some really nice hotels (the Setai Hotel- South Beach, The Phoenician, Scottsdale AZ, Four Seasons in Santa Barbara, Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel, theHotel@Mandalay, Wynn, LV) so I have a good gauge for what to look for in a room.

If you need a place to stay in a little town like Duncan because you're doing business in the area, do yourself a favor and give the Baymont Inn and Suites a shot. Don't expect 800-1000 thread count bedding like the high end boutique hotels, but then again, don't think you're gonna pay hundreds of dollars a night, either. My 7 night stay was slightly more than $400...taxes included. This was my first stay and you can damn well bet that I will return here and recommend it HIGHLY to others as well.

For the record: I do not know anyone on a person/professional level who works at this Baymont Inn or any other Baymont Inn. I just felt so strongly about the outstanding customer service I received there that i really felt compelled to share my story so others who are trying to decide read this and it puts their mind at ease.

I honestly was dealing with one of the biggest tragedies my family has experienced and Anne and staff were a huge contributing factor in me being able to do what I needed to do to help my family.

Thank you sooooo much everyone there! It was my pleasure and I look forward to the next time. I'll just have to explain why I'd rather stay with you guys than my own family. ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

i must say this is one of the best motels anywhere im a truck driver i stay in motels every night all over the eastern us and this is one of the best. anna and the staff keep the place up and clean extremely friendly everytime im in they all treat me like im family i always stay here when in town i will advise anyone to pick this motel over any of the others in the area... thanks anna and staff for all the great work!! and breakfast is awesome i never leave hungry..

• Stayed March 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was exactly as expected. Breakfast was good, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, boiled eggs. Free newspaper. It is an old Jameson Inn and looks recently updated except the actual bathroom with tub and toilet. Not sure if someone had smoked in our non-smoking room, or if we were getting fumes from the people who were smoking outside (the room had one of those wall units that pulled air from outside to cool/heat). And only one roach in the bathroom. We were there for 4 nights for a funeral. The staff was super helpful and friendly, they worked with us to get all the family rooms grouped. It was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anna C, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay. I know that traveling for a family funeral can be stressful and I'm glad that we were able to help during this time.

We continually look for ways to improve so that all of our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback helps us to achieve this goal.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in your future travels to South Carolina,

Anna Challenger
General Manager Baymont Inn & Suites
Duncan, South Carolina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Duncan/Spartanburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg? Share your experiences!