Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I have stayed in Hampton Inns before, but none were ever this beautiful. I pulled off the interstate in the middle of tornado warnings when it became obvious I was not going to make it to Greenville for the night. I was tired and bedraggled after a long trip in wind and rain (and shopping at the outlets), and I wandered in asking for a senior citizen discount. I was welcomed warmly by a lovely young woman who attended to me well. There was a beautiful lobby with a huge fireplace and comfortable chairs. My room was also beautiful with comfortable new furniture. The desk clerk told me the place had been renovated, and I applaud their choice of decor. I will make this a regular stop on my visits to my grandchildren.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 3, 2009

After working all day and night my co-workers and I went to the Hampton Inn to try to get some sleep during the day in order to be back at work that night. I was very impressed with this hotel. We checked in around 7 am and were just in time for the breakfast they offer which included muffins, fruit, hot & cold cereal, various pastries, juice.... etc. I stayed in a non smoking suite. The room was beautiful with a full kitchen (stove, microwave, full size fridge, and dishwasher), living area, bedroom with a flat screen TV, and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only thing I can complain about this hotel is that we were trying to sleep during the day and the hotel staff should have informed the maid service that we had just checked in and did not need our rooms to be cleaned. I was awakened 2 times by the housekeeper trying to enter my room. And about noon or 1 pm a hotel staff worker went down our hall knocking on everyone's door yelling "time to get up." We thought he was "alerting" everyone it was almost check out time. That was very uncalled for. Aside from the interruptions, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We love Hampton Inns, and this one was no exception! All the quality bedding and furnishings you'd expect, with a nice lobby and breakfast service.

We did have some trouble with internet when we checked in, but it was resolved fairly quickly.

The location along I-85 was great, with a Pizza Inn practically next door (check it out for yummy food and Southern hospitality).

The staff at the Hampton were friendly and helpful, we'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2008

What a pleasant surprise! The hotel was great, the staff was great, and the little extras were great!

Had a lovely room. The showerhead was high (I'm tall - so this is a requirement) the room was incredibly clean, and looked like it was just redone. But best of all? The bed was seriously THE most comfortable bed I can EVER recall sleeping in. They left me cookies and water on the dresser upon arrival. There was free wi-fi in the rooms (and it was FAST!). The happy hour was good and included free beer and wine. The sitting room/lounge/breakfast room was lovely and comfortable and the outside patio looked nice too. Breakfast was good - pretty typical for Hampton Inns, but everything was fresh and quickly replenished, etc.

It really was a great stay. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Nice modern room, bathroom, and flatscreen TV. Friendly staff. I had an issue where my travel agency booked me 2 nights, where I was only staying one- I left the next day without "checking out" with the front desk. I later saw they charged me for 2 nights and when I called to inquire about it the manager was more than accommodating. He didn't give me a hard time or even ask for proof of my departure. Very refreshing. My travel agency on the otherhand, they were very defensive... not so pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2007

This hotel is very close to one of our company offices so practical when I'm over on business.
The rooms are in good condition, although the individual aircon units can be a little noisy, and the beds are comfy. The staff a very friendly and cheerful. Breakfast is a self-serve buffet affair and although not huge in what's on offer, it's good quality and plenty enough to keep you going.
Personally I'd rather stay in Greenville just because you are in town but there are plenty of eating places nearby - some good, some not - and the hotel is only just off the interstate so easy to go into Greenville or Spartanburg

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We only stayed one night here, in order to be close to the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport. It appears to be quite new, although it may have just been remodeled. The staff members were all quite friendly, we were accommodated on the top floor in room 418 which was a lovely room with divine bedding. It was clean and comfortable, and we found nothing to complain about.

The continental breakfast truly offered more than that, as in quiche, sausage and eggs, toast, pastries, fruit, juices and hot beverages. There is quite a nice dining area adjacent to the lobby and one could have hot tea and/or coffee any time of day or night. They do the brown bags to go with bottled water, muffin, breakfast bar and apple, but we did not need that. They also have yummy chocolate chip cookies in late afternoon.

There is a business center with two computers and printers and free internet access, and also the whole property is wireless. We saw an outdoor pool but did not investigate that. In the morning a free copy of USA Today is at your door.

Overall, we felt it was great value (senior rate) for a wonderfully comfortable and quiet room that was close to the airport. The walls must be made of concrete because we never heard a noise and I am a real stickler about thin walls and noise.

We would choose this property again in the future should the need arise.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IdaMaeSlade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg
Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West
Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85? Share your experiences!