“Nicest Hampton Inn I stayed at in a long time”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and great location. Very easy to get to from the interstate. I will definitely stay here again. All the hotel looks brand-new and the staff could not be nicer. Especially Carol the lady who prepared the breakfast bar. Can't say enough nice things about this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We are so glad that you were able to stay with us and had such a wonderful experience! We feel as well that we have a terrific hotel that is only made possible by our fantastic team. Thank you for taking a moment to leave us this note on Tripadvisor. Come back and see us again next time your travels bring you this way. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

After hundreds of visits to Hilton properties, this is the first time I had difficulty finding the front of the property (the hotel appears built to be facing the interstate, rather than facing the approach road); and the most peculiar discharges of green static electricity throughout the evening. This wasn't the garden variety stuff of finger shocks - this was visible and random throughout the evening. Everything else seemed great...just something about that 5th-floor room farthest from the interstate...

Room Tip: Since the property is built perpendicular to the interstate, almost everything in this motel should...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I apologize that you had a difficult locating the entrance to the hotel, as well as your experiencing static electricity. We typically of course get more of that this time of year, but I've never heard of being able to actually see it. I apologize if that impacted your experience negatively. Thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My father was having back surgery the week of our stay. I made reservations for 4 nights and thankfully his surgery went well and we only needed to stay for 2 nights. Ming at the front desk was very helpful in changing our reservations. Even more so, she seemed to really care about his well being and that meant the world to me.

The hotel itself was clean, accommodating and pretty busy with many business travelers.

If traveling to Greenville-Spartanburg I would reccommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel and our team. We all apprecieate your taking then time to do so. Come back and see us again next time you visit our area. Thank you!

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We went down to Greenville to look at a model home that we're getting ready to start building. We did not make any reservations, front counter staff was very nice and accommodating, gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste since I forgot mine. Comfy bed and clean sheets. Also they had a great coffee section the following morning!

• Stayed: January 2014
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're also glad that you chose to stay with us. Enjoy your new home! Thank you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Overall - Average / 3 of 5 - Nice place to stay in Duncan
Wifi - Average / 3 of 5 - Limits on number devices and additional charge
Gym - Poor / 2 of 5 - Small
Shower - Average / 3 of 5 - Nothing special
Tub - Average / 3 of 5 - Nothing special

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed twice. The first tine fan in heater had a bearing gone bad and sqeeled all night. Was reported and was not offered another room. The second time staying had a issue with plumbing and you could not hear yourself in the room it was so loud.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I sincerely apologize for the noises you expereinced during your stay. I know that that can be frustrating. No one else has reported the plumbing related noises to us, but we intend to get to the bottom of the problem as quickly as possible. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

everything was perfect... complementary breakfast better than expected- room looked and smelled clean- all the usual items were stocked- sheets and bathroom were clean- staff was friendly- quiet night - good rest-

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank William B
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are very glad that you had such a terrific stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please come back and see us again, thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85? Share your experiences!