Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a super affordable Hilton brand hotel that doesn't disappoint. Easy on/off location, quality breakfast and clean rooms all for a great price! I highly recommend staying here for a ball game weekend, an event outside of Greenville or just a stop through on the way to your destination.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We certainly are grateful for your business, and look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you, and safe travels.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Nov 2012 and returned in Aug 2013. My last review was 3 stars - primarily because of the price charged for the location. I still believe the hotel is too expensive for this out-of-the-way location.

The property is very nice and the front desk staff is friendly and efficient. On the night I was there, there was a wedding reception taking place and the front desk staff was trying to keep the younger attendees from running through the lobby while dealing with hotel guests - they were very professional. This visit, my room was rather small (King study). There is a small desk but it is only large enough to hold the coffee maker and ice bucket. For my suitcase, I found a folding suitcase rack in the closet which would only hold one suitcase. If you have to use the desk, you must put these things on the floor with any additional suitcases, shopping bags, etc. There is room in the slender closet for a hanging bag.

The hallways are not air conditioned but once in your room, you will be comfortable. Clean throughout, good TV, and a great breakfast. No major complaints. All-in-all, the hotel is quite nice but I really believe there must be something more reasonably priced nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We are happy to have had you as one of our guests. Some rooms are certainly smaller than others, and are priced accordingly. We would love to have you stay with us again next time you are passing through. Call us in advance, so that we can make sure you get a room which might better suit your needs, as we do have several different room types.

Thank you as well for your feedback on our front desk team, they truly are the best in the business. They work hard for our guests every day. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

After attending my Grandmother's funeral we attempted to make the drive from Alabama to North Carolina but were too exhausted to make it. We arrived with our daughter and granddaughter around 9:30 pm. Check in was fast and we were in our room and in our big fluffy beds in no time. The room and the hotel were extremely clean. Breakfast was terrific and the breakfast staff was kind and courteous . Great experience !!! Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly are glad that you were one of our guests, and that you had such a pleasant experience. Come back and join us for breakfast again! Thank you.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn is quiet and clean. The rooms are comfortable, especially the bed and pillows. There is enough space for a quest who would like to use his or her computer. Ideal for someone on business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your pleasant comments about our hotel, we are glad that you chose to stay with us and look forward to your doing so again. Thank you!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My employeer made reservations for my family of five to stay at this hotel for a family oriented event. Upon arrival, I was told that I would be in a king room. At which point I informed your representative that I have five people in my party and a king bed would not work. She informed her manager and they discussed putting my five member family in a double queen room and made a comment that a suite might work. The manager directed the representative to put my five person family (two adults and three teens) in a double queen room. After going to the room and discovering that there was not enough beds to accommodate my family, my wife returned to the front desk to request a roll-away bed for my son. She was informed that because of fire code, a roll away bed could not be put into that room. This is when the problem started, the manager began griping that "we can put you back into the king room you originally reserved." My wife once again, stated that we have five people on our party and a king bed will not sleep five people. After several interactions like this, one of the Hampton employees stated that in addition to the king bed, there is a queen pull-out sofa and a roll away could be put into the room. Finally, we were satisfied that we could comfortably stay at your hotel. Throughout the conversation with my wife the staff was rude and complained about having changed the room in the first place. When I checked in originally, had they told me the king room would accommodate five people there would have never been a problem. I believe that they had me in a standard king room to begin with and decided to put my family in a king suite, while stating that I created the problem in the first place by asking for a different room. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Anyway, the final insult was when my teenage children walked through the lobby enroute to the pool and overheard your Hampton Hotel staff, including the manager, discussing me and this incident loudly and in a very negative tone. This is by far the absolute worst Hampton Hotel experience I have had in my many years of travelling. On a positive note, the hotel and the room were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay on Tripadvisor. As recounted during our phone conversation, we certainly wish that your stay had gone more smoothly as well. We regret not being able to meet the needs of you and your family, and would have appreciated the opportunity to have done so if that had been possible. Thank you.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Recently, I spent one night at a Hampton Inn located outside Spartanburg, SC. The hotel was conveniently located off the interstate, had well-lit rooms, very comfortable beds, a well-maintained pool, and a delicious breakfast...the price was right.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy that you chose us and were one of our guests. Please do come back and see us again next time your travels bring you this way. Thank you.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The stay at this Hampton started out on the bright side -- they didn't have my room type ready when I checked in, so I went out for a couple hours, and it still wasn't ready when I came back, so they upgraded me to a king suite at the same price. Nice touch - 2 rooms, small kitchen, ceiling fan over the king bed - neat. That evening I asked where I could eat, and the front desk clerk recommended a place nearby, so I went out to go there, then she came running out to my car to tell me she just found out that they were closed, so suggested somewhere else, about 10 miles away. Nice service from the front desk. Reasonable responsive wifi. But then things started to go downhill -- I sent myself a fax (needed a hard copy of a couple page document) based on the fax number on the phone in the room. It never arrived and when I inquired at the front desk, I was told that was NOT the fax number, and they gave me the right one. ??? So I sent myself the fax again. (Note that I got a "successful transmission" of the fax both times, so it went somewhere?) It never arrived at the hotel. So I went to the hotel's business center to print the document, noticing they had 2 computers and a printer there. Nope, would not print and the desk clerk was clueless. I said that between this issue and the inability to receive a fax, didn't that fall under the 100% satisfaction guarantee, since I could ignore 1 thing but two things? She said that was unreasonable. Really? Just for kicks, I tried the OTHER computer in the business center and the document printed just fine. (The fax DID come in to the hotel the next day!) Nice pool area, smallish, but leaves on the bottom of the pool and a LOT of bugs on the surface of the water - didn't look attractive at all. A covered lounge area just out the back door before you get to the pool with a couple tables, if you want to be outside but not in the hot sun. All in all, after the initial hiccup, it was a pretty nice place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We have had some hiccups with our fax machine, I certainly won't deny that. It does occaisionally act up on us, but the fax number has never changed, so I am investigating how it could be incorrectly written somewhere. All of the hardware in the business center is actually brand new. We are all still learing how to use it- including the print from your room or smart phone applications. Our pool is cleaned daily, but that can sometimes not be enough will all the foul weather we have had in recent weeks. We'll keep a sharp eye on that going forward. None the less, I apprecieate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Duncan/Spartanburg
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85? Share your experiences!