The stay at this Hampton started out on the bright side -- they didn't have my room type ready when I checked in, so I went out for a couple hours, and it still wasn't ready when I came back, so they upgraded me to a king suite at the same price. Nice touch - 2 rooms, small kitchen, ceiling fan over the king bed - neat. That evening I asked where I could eat, and the front desk clerk recommended a place nearby, so I went out to go there, then she came running out to my car to tell me she just found out that they were closed, so suggested somewhere else, about 10 miles away. Nice service from the front desk. Reasonable responsive wifi. But then things started to go downhill -- I sent myself a fax (needed a hard copy of a couple page document) based on the fax number on the phone in the room. It never arrived and when I inquired at the front desk, I was told that was NOT the fax number, and they gave me the right one. ??? So I sent myself the fax again. (Note that I got a "successful transmission" of the fax both times, so it went somewhere?) It never arrived at the hotel. So I went to the hotel's business center to print the document, noticing they had 2 computers and a printer there. Nope, would not print and the desk clerk was clueless. I said that between this issue and the inability to receive a fax, didn't that fall under the 100% satisfaction guarantee, since I could ignore 1 thing but two things? She said that was unreasonable. Really? Just for kicks, I tried the OTHER computer in the business center and the document printed just fine. (The fax DID come in to the hotel the next day!) Nice pool area, smallish, but leaves on the bottom of the pool and a LOT of bugs on the surface of the water - didn't look attractive at all. A covered lounge area just out the back door before you get to the pool with a couple tables, if you want to be outside but not in the hot sun. All in all, after the initial hiccup, it was a pretty nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Spartanburg hotel is located in Duncan, SC just off I-85 near the Tyger River Sports Complex. Only 6 miles from the GSP International Airport our Duncan hotel offers free airport shuttle service for guests. Business and leisure travelers alike enjoy our great amenities from free Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast, workout facilities and seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Duncan Hotel Duncan
- Hampton Inn And Suites Greenville Duncan
- Hampton Inn Duncan
- Duncan Hampton Inn