“Better than what I expected”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Better than what I expected”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had been led to believe that this hotel was not very nice, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly. The pillows were a bit small, the closet wasn't deep enough to hold the the folding luggage stand, and the towels were not very soft, but those are my only complaints. The waffle maker, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and cold cereal selection were the standard discount hotel fare. The 2 free drinks every Tuesday & Wednesday night were nice, as was the in-room make-up remover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
McLean H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreceate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our products and service level, so your comments are helpful. Thank you again. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if you have any additional feedback that you would like to share. We appreceate you staying with us, and look forward to you hopefully being our guest again, next time your travels bring you back to the Greenville/ Spartanburg area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

As a mother of a young child, the most important thing to me is cleanliness. Of course I realize this hotel is in a smaller town and the choices were very limited. So compared to hotels in bigger towns with more resources and choices, the hotel would suck. Considering where I was at, the hotel was okay.

I came prepared to accept it was not going to be "big town" quality so was pleasantly surprised at the more modern look of the lobby and fixtures. Even walking into my room, at first glance I was pleasantly surprised. But if you are into details like me, you won't last long. Moldy ceiling, moldy, smelly room and kitchen. Noisy old AC unit- room was very humid and sticky. I didn't let my daughter sit in the "jacuzzi" because I questioned whether it was sanitary. It just looked old and not clean enough. Even the iron was moldy. Fine for a two day stay. And probably fine for the town/area.

I'm really confused about the different types of rooms. I prepaid and booked a "king suite" and when I arrived the front desk clerk said that it wasn't available. So she gave me a "king room" but my room still had a desk, kitchen, etc. It was a little costly for the lack of quality- but you get what you get in a small town!

• Stayed October 2012
McLean H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. In the meantime if you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and polite as soon as we got in they offered us water and checked us in in two minutes then after that the room was clean and convienetly located and it was comfy and clean there was free breakfeast and then they even. Told us we didn't need to check out just needed the room number and excellent stay and defiantly stay here

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

It is very clean people are nice the breakfast is avenge if u want a waffle u will wait a bit the breakfast ends at 10 so i would go early before anything runs out the ac is loud but it isn't like u can't fall asleep with it on

Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Great price, nice location, and most importantly clean.! Breakfast was free, pool was clean, and staff was polite. If u need a nice clean place to stay, this is a good choice. *note- AC is a little loud but a little loud.

Saint Louis
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a clean, comfortable, and quiet Hampton. They have made extra effort for their guests. They have a nice pool and a bar and free drinks on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. The breakfast area is a little crowded and nothing spectacular. Overall, though, I would gladly stay here while on business or traveling.

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

What a clean hotel! I stayed there for a night in transit to somewhere else. The staff was very accomodating. The room was so spacious, modern, and clean. The bathroom was amazing, it was huge and had everything. The breakfast was good and the cookies were GREAT. I'd recommend this hotel and I'd stay here again. Spend the little extra and stay here instead of the Quality Inn down the street, you will not be disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan)
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
WoodSpring Suites Spartanburg Duncan
Baymont Inn & Suites Duncan/Spartanburg
Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West
Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg I-85? Share your experiences!