“Great for pets and people too...."”

Red Roof Inn - Dillon
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Florida
“Great for pets and people too...."”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We did an overnighter here for a roadtrip from Florida to Pedro’s at South of the Border, the BEST place to buy fireworks in the WHOLE WORLD! At Pedro’s EVERYONE’S A WIENER!!

This is a fine hotel if you’re like us and have pets who love to travel and stick their heads out the window at 80 mph and ride like the wind! The hotel allows two “ruff-riders” up to 50lbs a piece. Check-in was friendly and hassle-free. No interrogation as to size and breed of dogs. My wife did the check-in while I waited in the truck with the pups. One caveat, there’s a $25-per-night-per-pet fee, but I don’t think this is exhorbitant when considering the extra maintenance the hotel can incur from allowing pets in the room. Also, the room rate was very reasonable and even with the pet fee we were out of there for under $90.

Our room was towards the back on the west side and was spacious, clean and odor free. Really, I expected at least to smell a little catpiss or dog squeezins, but the place. The bathroom was large and was a good place to feed and water the dogs. Room appointments were standard: 20” tube tv, small sofa and coffee table, king bed, fridge and microwave. Free breakfast was good with coffee, juice, pastries, yogurt, fruit and best of all, boiled eggs.

Not much bad to say about it. Like a few other reviewers noted, watch your head on the protruding coat rack in the bathroom entrance if you’re tall. Also, sounds from outside easily penetrate the windows and doors. A road crew had spent the night in our section of the building and woke us up with their diesels and banter around 5:00 am. Was so loud it sounded like we were laying UNDER the truck. Only lasted about 20 minutes and after they left it was pretty quiet again.

And for you Pedro-files like us, it’s just a quick 5 miles up I-95 to South of the Border. Ask for Brenda and let her show you some DVDs of the lastest mortars and displays. “You never sausage a place!!”

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ReliableWoody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dumont, NJ
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel is not bad for a overnight stay. Right off I-95 with lots of places to eat. The room was clean and smelled nice. The hotel it's self needs a renavation, but all in all it was great. If you are stoping at Dillon for the night, stay here or at the days inn accross the street. Both have a good price and are clean.

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank ramones07628
Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Spent one night en route to Florida. The best thing about the motel was the room was very spacious even with two double beds. The clothes rack stuck out in the area between the sleeping room and the washroom and we worried about hitting our heads on it. Bathroom was cold and the heat lamp didn't help. Shower head was not adjustable and water temperature varied from cool to very hot. Getting from the room to the breakfast area required going out in the rain. Could hear every sound in the parking lot. But it was clean and cheap.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JLinVA
NC
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The room was very clean, The service was EXCELLENT, the accomodations were OUTSTANDING. The staff was very curtious and helpful, especially the young lady that checked us in. My husband and I look forward to visiting again in Feb.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Stayed 1 night. Rooms are old and are in need of reno but they were clean as could be. The linens were crisp and clean, towels clean, no mildew in the bath. Bathroom has no ventilation fan. Bathtub faucet broken. Improperly installed heat lamp in Bath ceiling allowed for 100+ degree air to filter in. Room was more comfortable after we shut bathroom door for night. Around midnight a party checked in next room, kept us awake for 2 hours before police were called. Good complimentary breakfast and the staff is very friendly and polite. Stay away from B&C Barbecue across the street, horrible food.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank EastCoastLeisure
Maryland
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We recently stayed the night here on our way to Orlando. The rooms were clean and the service was excellent. I didn't realize how excellent, until I got to our Florida destination and realized that I had left my wedding ring in our room at the Comfort Inn. Once I realized that I had left my ring there I called the hotel and spoke with a person at the front desk. This person did not know anything about the ring. She told me to call back the next day. I called back and spoke with Joyce at the front desk who told me that the housekeeper (I think her name was Cherly) had turned my rings in. Joyce was very helpful and patient with me as she explained the process of how I could either pick-up the rings or have them sent to my home. I decided to have the rings sent back to my home. As we were coming back through South Carolina,I stopped back by the hotel and talked to the Perry the hotel manager. I told him who I was and he stated, "I just mailed your rings back to your house, come with me and we will see if they have sent them out yet." We followed Perry in his vehicle to the store, where he went inside and got my rings and also took care of refunding my postage. Your kindess meant so much and I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation without worrying about my ring. Thank you Cherly, Joyce and Perry.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Content1Maryland
Waycross, GA
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We had been on I-95 for 13 hours at an average speed of 40 MPH--we were tired, cranky, and determined to make it over the SC border (and leave the NC and VA traffic behind). We stopped here, got a rate of $72, friendly clerk, and were able to unload from our car to our bedroom quickly. I was a bit concerned about no central hall, but the clerk explained that the cops checked through a lot. We had a good night's sleep--the beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast ends a bit early (9:00), so we ended up eating at BK for $17, but overall, this is a great value for a family breaking up a NY/FL trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins

Been to Red Roof Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!