“Worst stay ever”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Waldorf, Maryland
“Worst stay ever”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was terrible from start to finish. I reserved a King bed and got two doubles. The TV was from 1980 or so. I booked this hotel because it advertised truck parking. I wasnt driving a semi, just a truck pulling a Jeep. I couldn't even turn around. Horrible parking. The morning of our departure, I went to the lobby to get coffee. The door was locked. The attendant directed me toward a bank teller-like bullet proof glass window to the side and told me I could not come in until 6:00 AM. My wife and two children witnessed a woman being beaten in the parking lot that morning. I would never stay at this hotel or town again.

Room Tip: Stay away!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Josh N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Southcentral Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars in choosing Comfort Inn Hotels. We stayed over one night, traveling with 92 year old mom. Both of our rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. We had no complaints. We have learned with this brand, if you have a problem, just let them know! They will do all they can to rectify it! This is one of the older hotels, but the comfort we needed was there!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while traveling from Orlando to Williamsburg. Being from Texas, we didn't know that the weekend before Christmas would have tons of traffic and that we'd have a hard time finding a hotel room on the fly. We stopped in Florence first, but everything was booked solid, so we drove on to Dillon. As a Choice Privileges member and because we get a discount as Texas Farm Bureau members, I tried to find something in their group of hotels. The staff at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. I booked online as we were driving to Dillon and requested a rollaway, but there were none when we got there. The lady who checked us in immediately removed the rollaway charge. The room was clean and comfortable, but very outdated. The breakfast was typical Choice Hotels fair. My husband and kids ate there with no complaints. Overall, it was a decent hotel and we had a good stay at a great price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Due to the good reviews we decided to stay at this local. We had no issues with check-in but when we got to our room, we were surprised at the condition of the room. I grew up in a small town like this so I knew what to expect, but this location was outdated. The TV was a radio/VCR combo. The remote only changed the channels. We had to turn the tv on by hand. The dresser had different knobs. The door on the heating unit was off. One of the bars in the shower was missing. The comforters were old.

We were not too happy with house keeping as well. The bathroom had a stain on the floor so my wife called the front desk asking for someone to come clean the floor. She was told that they didn't have housekeeping staff on duty at night so it would have to wait until morning. The next morning we received a call at 8:00 am asking if we wanted our room serviced for the day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

holland, pa
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This ia an old 70s era 1 story cinder block building with exterior room entry.BUT OUR DOG COULD STAY. So we could stay. It is not attractive, but the room was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was very nice and everything worked properly. I thought that we got what we paid for.

If we didn't have the dog with us we would have found a nicer Motel.

• Stayed December 2012
Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Was greeted at the front desk by a nice lady who was friendly and efficient. Room was a pretty standard basic motel room but was clean and comfortable. Shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Overall was very quiet and the fact that its only one floor, means that there weren't any noises coming from above.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable. Nice place to stay. Was good for just traveling thru on I95. Easy on, easy off. Maybe could have been a much better breakfast bar. Over all it was nice nd we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bunny104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Red Roof Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!