“Stayed here several times now with no problems.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn - Dillon

Red Roof Inn - Dillon
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Stayed here several times now with no problems.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Clean room, freindly staff and a hot breakfast included. After staying at some of the other hotels on this strip I would recomend this Comfort Inn as for price and quality.

Room Tip: My last visit was in room 109 which was a good room. The room before that on a previous visit was r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Housekeeping staff entered my mother's room when she left, completely disregarding the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign hanging on the door, and removed her cell phone charger and gold ring. Of course they denied taking the items, but the "clean" towels were proof enough someone from their staff entered the room. It's slim picking when it comes to hotels in Dillon, so I guess you get what you pay for. Yes it's convenient but not worth risking having your valuables. We will not be staying there again, stay at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank TrvlngAngyl

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on the recommendation of a Comfort Inn 20 miles North as they could not accommodate our reservations there. They assured me that it was as nice as a Comfort Inn as the one I was standing in, and unfortunately we believed them. So they made us a reservation and we traveled on to Dillon. What a disappointment to say the least. We had our 8 year old grand daughter with us, and when we pulled into the parking lot - she looked at us strangely and asked "is it safe to stay here?" The place looked like one of those motels you see in the 50's horror movies! Very run down, chunks of concrete missing on the building, sorely in need of a power washing and paint job. Not so sure those minor improvements could make this place ok. After having been on the road for 11 hours already, we went on to check our room. Not much to say about it, but it seemed clean. I guess our long day got the best of us and we decided to stay. As for places to eat, etc. this exit gets a 0. Restaurants were dirty & run down, bars on the windows of some (if that is any clue to the safety of the area), many places vacant & out of business. After we went to dinner and returned to our room, the things we left there seemed a little disturbed. After reading back at some of the reviews on this place and seeing suggestions as to a possible theft operation here, it may be possible, fortunately anything of value was still in our car during dinner. Next time we run into a problem with our reservation, will do our own research, never will we take the word of a hotel staff....especially at a Comfort Inn - we are done with that chain!! This motel is an embarrassment to the Comfort Inn name & they should do everything they can to exclude it in their chain, unless of course a clean room is their only requirement. At a room rate of $70.00, they are priced twice what they should be.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Tinkercando
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel is horrible, stay away..The people who run this motel does not care about you or anyone who stays, even if you want to stay more than one night. I had all kinds of problems with the front desk, i was shown one room but given another. The room was dirty and smell and was way outdated. The pillow cases i dont think have been change in a while and the floor was nasty..It is just a poorly runned hotel with people not caring about the customer. I never will stay here again and hope no one will ever have to stay and go through what i went through

Room Tip: stay in lumbeton NC or florence SC
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank hewletpack
Princess Anne, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I was traveling with my family from Florida to Maryland and was forced to stop due to icy road conditions. This hotel was my second choice as the first one had no vacancies. We were told up front that they only had smoking rooms available, although we want non-smoking. Not knowing if any other hotels had vacancies, we took the room. It was a nightmare. I have stayed in other smoking rooms before and they did not reek like this one did. The hotel was clean, but is in need of renovation. The chairs had been broken and put back together using brackets and screws. On a positive note, I left my earrings there and they mailed them to me.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank nelvaw
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

My entire extended family stayed here during my mother's funeral in Oct, 2010. Most of the time went okay, rooms okay, not great, but for the money, okay. I would've stayed again when I came back to place flowers, visit my mom's grave, etc. However, I elected to stay an extra night, after my family left. I destinctly remember plugging in my cell phone in the room to charge it. After I left that day, I forgot it. I went back to retrieve it. The desk clerk was rude and refused to check to see if one had been found. She dismissed me and was totally unhelpful. I KNOW that the charger was there...I believe they have some type of racket going. I have a negative feelings about ALL Comfort Inns now, you dishonest clerk!!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Vickie1961
Mount Airy, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My first visit to this motel. Its located near the Interstate (I-95) We were there on a Wedneday night so I really can't say what a weekend is like. It was very quiet and not many cars there . The room was clean with nice furnishings . (Rm # 147) This was a nice room but located at the rear side of the building. All the rooms were on ground level so there were no stairs to climb. The free breakfast consisted of boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, fruits, toast , pastries and a waffle machine along with coffee and juices. I would pick this motel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank highmiles61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton

Been to Red Roof Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!