“HORRIBLE...STAY AWAY”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“HORRIBLE...STAY AWAY”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel is horrible, stay away..The people who run this motel does not care about you or anyone who stays, even if you want to stay more than one night. I had all kinds of problems with the front desk, i was shown one room but given another. The room was dirty and smell and was way outdated. The pillow cases i dont think have been change in a while and the floor was nasty..It is just a poorly runned hotel with people not caring about the customer. I never will stay here again and hope no one will ever have to stay and go through what i went through

Room Tip: stay in lumbeton NC or florence SC
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank hewletpack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Princess Anne, Maryland
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I was traveling with my family from Florida to Maryland and was forced to stop due to icy road conditions. This hotel was my second choice as the first one had no vacancies. We were told up front that they only had smoking rooms available, although we want non-smoking. Not knowing if any other hotels had vacancies, we took the room. It was a nightmare. I have stayed in other smoking rooms before and they did not reek like this one did. The hotel was clean, but is in need of renovation. The chairs had been broken and put back together using brackets and screws. On a positive note, I left my earrings there and they mailed them to me.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank nelvaw

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My entire extended family stayed here during my mother's funeral in Oct, 2010. Most of the time went okay, rooms okay, not great, but for the money, okay. I would've stayed again when I came back to place flowers, visit my mom's grave, etc. However, I elected to stay an extra night, after my family left. I destinctly remember plugging in my cell phone in the room to charge it. After I left that day, I forgot it. I went back to retrieve it. The desk clerk was rude and refused to check to see if one had been found. She dismissed me and was totally unhelpful. I KNOW that the charger was there...I believe they have some type of racket going. I have a negative feelings about ALL Comfort Inns now, you dishonest clerk!!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Vickie1961
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My first visit to this motel. Its located near the Interstate (I-95) We were there on a Wedneday night so I really can't say what a weekend is like. It was very quiet and not many cars there . The room was clean with nice furnishings . (Rm # 147) This was a nice room but located at the rear side of the building. All the rooms were on ground level so there were no stairs to climb. The free breakfast consisted of boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, fruits, toast , pastries and a waffle machine along with coffee and juices. I would pick this motel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank highmiles61
us
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I came to this hotel to stay for 4 nights to attend a family funeral. The first night we were there someone broke into our vehicle and stole the GPS system. I called the front desk they don't even have cameras on the establishment. Cops were called three showed up and they took picutures and dusted for fingerprints. Needless to say we checked out and into another hotel with security. Comfort Inn just lost a loyal customer. The cops said breakevens have happended before the establishment just doesn't broadcast it. Prostitions is a big thing there also. Whoever broke into my vehicle and stole my GPS they could have knocked on the door they didn't have to smash the windows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank familyVacation4u2
Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We did an overnighter here for a roadtrip from Florida to Pedro’s at South of the Border, the BEST place to buy fireworks in the WHOLE WORLD! At Pedro’s EVERYONE’S A WIENER!!

This is a fine hotel if you’re like us and have pets who love to travel and stick their heads out the window at 80 mph and ride like the wind! The hotel allows two “ruff-riders” up to 50lbs a piece. Check-in was friendly and hassle-free. No interrogation as to size and breed of dogs. My wife did the check-in while I waited in the truck with the pups. One caveat, there’s a $25-per-night-per-pet fee, but I don’t think this is exhorbitant when considering the extra maintenance the hotel can incur from allowing pets in the room. Also, the room rate was very reasonable and even with the pet fee we were out of there for under $90.

Our room was towards the back on the west side and was spacious, clean and odor free. Really, I expected at least to smell a little catpiss or dog squeezins, but the place. The bathroom was large and was a good place to feed and water the dogs. Room appointments were standard: 20” tube tv, small sofa and coffee table, king bed, fridge and microwave. Free breakfast was good with coffee, juice, pastries, yogurt, fruit and best of all, boiled eggs.

Not much bad to say about it. Like a few other reviewers noted, watch your head on the protruding coat rack in the bathroom entrance if you’re tall. Also, sounds from outside easily penetrate the windows and doors. A road crew had spent the night in our section of the building and woke us up with their diesels and banter around 5:00 am. Was so loud it sounded like we were laying UNDER the truck. Only lasted about 20 minutes and after they left it was pretty quiet again.

And for you Pedro-files like us, it’s just a quick 5 miles up I-95 to South of the Border. Ask for Brenda and let her show you some DVDs of the lastest mortars and displays. “You never sausage a place!!”

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ReliableWoody
Dumont, NJ
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel is not bad for a overnight stay. Right off I-95 with lots of places to eat. The room was clean and smelled nice. The hotel it's self needs a renavation, but all in all it was great. If you are stoping at Dillon for the night, stay here or at the days inn accross the street. Both have a good price and are clean.

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank ramones07628
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Red Roof Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!