“Bad Cooking”
Review of Shoney's - CLOSED

Shoney's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were there on August 2nd. After ordering the catfish, sirloin steak, their signature sandwich and fish and chips, we were truly disappointed. The steak came rare, despite ordered medium. The steak itself was of poor quality. The baked potatoe was completely dried out. The sandwich came with mashed potatoes. These were my worst mashed potatoes ever seen. I wasn't brave enough to try, sorry. I looked disgusting. The sandwich itself was ok, but, compared to other fast food chains, also average quality.
At the end, they offered us to to cancel the steak from the check. But this reduced our billl only by 2$. So you can guess what the quality of the meat was....

After all, I cannot recommend this restaurant. And to be honest, I cannot understand, why others use words such as "delicious", etc....

There are newer reviews for Shoney's

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Grilled cheese on sour dough was delish! Waitstaff was courteous and attentive! Would stop there again if in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a pleasure it was to find good food, great service and great prices at a restaurant right off the Interstate! After being on the road for over 13 hours with nothing but fast food and snacks to eat, we were looking forward to a sit-down meal. We turned off I-95 at Dillon, SC at 8:30 p.m. and found a Shoney's that fit the bill. Our hostess, Ashley, greeted us with a smile and showed us to our table. We were looking for a light meal and saw their Breakfast special that's served all day. For $5 we got 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, toast, potatoes, sausage and coffee. Our friendly server, Tracee, took our our order. The food arrived promptly and was delicious. In addition to the Breakfast special, the restaurant offered a full menu of sandwiches and meals and an all-you-can-eat buffet of what Tracee called "Southern Comfort" food consisting of an assortment of vegetables, salads, bread and meats. I've always enjoyed Shoneys food and this restaurant exceeded our expectations. We were pleasantly surprised when we got our bill (which included a refill of coffee for our thermos.) The entire staff was courteous and helpful.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Every time we come to Dillon, we've always come to Shoney's. I use to live in NC & Shoney's was big up there, so it kinda brings me a little bit of home. This last visit was alright, but they still let people smoke in their restaurant. Because I don't smoke, I try to avoid restaurants that allow smoking inside. It's never been an issue in the past & because I was never asked smoking/non smoking, I didn't realize they allowed it. Not to mention, never noticed ashtrays on the tables. The food was good, though. They offer a buffet & it was $9 for adults, which wasn't worth it, because they didn't have much to choose from. I settled for fish & chips, which was very good.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Service good, food ok, restaurant dirty, dated, watched children play with food on buffet ....glad I didn't buy buffet.