“Older Hotel needs updating.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Dillon
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Older Hotel needs updating.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Front desk clerk was pleasent and freindly. The room I had was at the far back side of the motel.. The room was very worn as for carpets and linens, wall paint and fixtures. The bedding had cigarette burns and was very worn. The sliding glass door lock did not work and you had an aluminum bar to secure the door with. There was not much activity as far as other guest it was quiet as far as people on a thursday night..... But.... the trains ran all during the night and wee hours of the am. and its also right beside I-95 and the big trucks roar all night too. Its almost impossible to sleep here. I would suggest you ask for a room on the side of the building facing town if you must stay here. I would suggest going elsewhere if you're given a room at the back side. The price was good at aprox 40 plus tax with a coupon. Thats about 20-30 dollars cheaper than the rest of the hotels on that strip. They did have free breakfast.with hot waffles.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank highmiles61
, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Dillon, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate your business and certainly would like to have to stay with us again. We replaced the carpet in all our rooms and hallways in August. We also added micro/fridges to all rooms along with new A/C units and TV's.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the train and being close to I-95. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will come back and have a much better stay.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

Large groups of sparkling wiggles in what seems to be an open air drug market in the back parking lot. Had to kill a black widow spider that was in the tub. Rooms are large & decently clean. Room did not have the microwave or fridge that was advertised. Freight train at 2am that seemed to last for 20 minutes continually blowing whistle and shook the room. Peeling wallpaper, mildewed and peeling caulk in the tub. No clock in room as well. Most ghetto hotel I have stayed in ever- but I guess you get what you pay for, it was only $35 for the night...

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Spoogemeister

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Culpeper, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

This was a horrible place. We actually went back to the desk immediately and received a refund. The parking lot was full of some really rough looking characters--the hallway was filthy and strange noices and loud laughter, music and shouting radiated from the rooms-the whole place had a bad odor. It was obvious there was some kind of partying going on. We felt very insecure from the time we left the car and especially so when we saw that our door lock to the room was broken. The room was large but dirty. We left as fast as we could and were so relieved to be away from there We found a wonderful hotel further up 95 (the Comfort Suites in Lumberton)--it did cost more but you get what you pay for!!! We learned that lesson the hard way.....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank culpepergrammy
delmar de
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I chose this hotel because I found positive reviews- well let me tell you- it was bad. The whole place smelled funny- The room was a bit grimy. The beds were nice, the staff was adequate, but the pool was GREEN and had stuff floating in it. Gross

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank aerobicsis
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2008

I stayed here on July 13, 2008. After driving for almost 12 hours, I needed to make a stop on my trip from RI to Florida. I was very tired. However, my mistake is that I paid for the room first. The room was not that clean; the mattresses were soiled; there was no smoke alarm on the ceiling. Fortunately, I had a beach towel to place over the bed. Even the people who were staying at the hotel did not seem right. I have learned, check the room before paying, and even more-- stay at Courtyards or Hampton Inn regardless of the much higher cost.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The filth and the run down property.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gaa0805
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2008

Got in at 2am, made it past all the hoopties and beaters in the parking lot, but couldn't make it past the stench in the hallways. Would DEFINITELY NOT NOT NOT RECOMMEND if you value your safety. VERY SKETCHY... went across the street and stayed at a Hampton Inn (for three times the price) but at least we didn't think we'd be robbed. the extra eighty or so bucks was worth the peace of mind.

Random cars cruising the parking lot, broken glass in the hallways (we didn't even make it to the room- the awful smell was the last straw)... generally not fostering a feeling of clenliness/safety.

However, the lady behind the desk was very nice. So, I'll give them credit for that.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT believe the other ratings on this site that gives more than one star for this place. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Actually, I'd HIGHLY recommend staying in Florence (just a half hour south on 95) it's a much bigger, brighter, city that gives one a better feeling about getting out of town with his possessions intact. Good luck!

• Liked — Desk clerk was pretty nice
  • Disliked — EVERY SINGLE OTHER ASPECT THAT IS ABLE TO BE RATED!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnso11111
ellie01
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

I would never recommend this motel to anyone. This was the dirtiest motel that I have seen in my life. If this is the best in Dillon, SC I can't imagine the other motels/hotels in the area. Everything about it was dirty and although I was very tired I left and did not stay here. There was blood on the mattress, the walls were filthy and had spider webbs all over, the bathroom had dirty floor, the sheet were dirty and had burn marks all over, the carpet, inside of the microwave and refrigerator were all dirty. You get what you pay for is not a fair statement. I don't care if you pay $10 a night for a room you should at least get a clean room at any price you pay.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ellie01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Comfort Inn Lumberton
Comfort Inn Lumberton
#5 of 23 in Lumberton
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!