“Avoid this hotel - shell out some more money for something decent”
Review of Motel Super 7

Motel Super 7
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I've stayed at many Super 8 motels over the years and i have to say our stay at the location in Dillon, SC was the worst experience of them all!! We were attending the NASCAR race at Darlington and arrived on Friday night. The people working the front desk when we checked in were very unpolite and didn't seem to know what they were doing - constantly calling the manager at home to work the computer system. When we finally checked in, they ran my credit card TWICE for ONE NIGHT'S stay. Since we had reserved the room on my wifes card, that got charged as well automatically when they checked us in. As a result, we paid $252 for one night and when we pointed out the error they refused to issue us a refund, telling us to take it up with the manager in the morning. Of course, the next day, the manager was off and they told us to call our bank. Since the bank was closed for the weekend, we were now out $170. Since we were now out of money, we couldn't afford to buy anything at the track including extra drinks to deal with the 90-degree heat and couldn't continue our planned side-trip the following day to Savannah and instead were forced to drive home in the middle of the night after the NASCAR race.

In addition, our room had no fridge, the cold water didn't work in the shower (only the hot water - SCALDING HOT water), the ice machines had no ice and the internet didn't work. The whole hotel was filthy and one one on staff seemed to care about our situation.

Do yourself a favor and pay a little extra money to stay someplace decent and avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank p_mccole

Reviewed March 30, 2010

This hotel was in a good spot for an overnight while traveling. Room was clean, beds were good. No frills breakfast was adequate, hotel seems to be run efficiently. The hotel is next to the fireworks store.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We will never stay here again when we got into our hotel we found hair in the tub. the mattresses and pillows were hard. the person at front desk when we cheked in was nice but when we checked out the lady didnt seem very friendly and acted as though she didnt like her job. We woke up in the morning to go get the contenetel breakfast and when we got there all they was offered to us was cereal kids ate but we past it down. We should have went next door to the econo lodge.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank helnash
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I stayed at the Super 8 on my way to Florida from Virginia. I wouldn't stay again because the desk clerk was not very friendly (what happened to Southern hospitality?), and I was put in a room next to the ice machine, which kept me up all night (I'm a very light sleeper). The room was very spacious and clean, but I felt the employees could have been friendlier, and the room was quieter. From now on when I book a room, I request one far away from the ice machine.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank countryd00d
Reviewed July 22, 2009

This was the worst motel I have ever been in. My two kids and I stayed in one room and my dad and stepmom in an adjoining room. Our bathtub was gross with a shower cap left in it. The TV stand/dresser was broken with a piece missing. The floor was dirty. In my dad's room the toilet didn't work, the TV didn't work, the air conditioning didn't work and when we complained the guy who came to fix it was drunk! We slept on top of the bed and luckily had our own blankets and pillows. Go two or three miles down the road and pay a little more for someplace decent. We tried to get our money back but they wouldn't even give a discount. Also the pool was outside and had bugs and debris in it like no one ever cleaned it. Disgusting. We got up early and didn't eat their continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank crazymama1983
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I have been staying at Super 8 Motels for many, many years and never experienced disappointment as I have in the Dillon, South Carolina. The room smelled horrible, like raw sewage, the refrigerator did not work, the sheets were dirty, stained and smelled like someone else had slept on them and never changed...the Heating unit/ A/C unit was very loud and did not work. The toilet was clogged as soon as we arrived and when I went to the office to let them know...I was handed a plunger and had to fix this myself. There was no ice in the ice machines in the whole hotel....and when I asked I was told "oh well, it breaks all the time". We woke up with bug bites! The breakfast was just cereal which I know that most super 8's at least give you bagels and donuts. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank glassgypsy
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Not a bad place to stay if you are making the drive down 95 to Florida. The hotel is right off the exit and next to a gas station which is convenient. There are some food options in town but we were not feeling very adventures and got Domino's delivered. The hotel is ok a/c worked great room was clean but outdated and no DVD player in the room.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank tporter138
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
#3 of 7 in Dillon
Heart of Dillon Motel
Heart of Dillon Motel
#2 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Motel Super 7? Share your experiences!