“Absolutely repulsive!”
Review of Motel Super 7

Motel Super 7
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This super 8 deserves much less than a 1 for everything. Driving from Baltimore to Florida would have been nice with some sleep. We pulled up, the building is so run down. It looks absolutely filthy from the outside. The metal steps are rusted and falling a part, the actual concrete up top to the rooms are separating. Walking into the room was absolutely disgusting and horrifying. Worst experience I've ever had. The room had a horrific repulsive smell to it. The room was disgustingly dirty. Outlets were hanging off the wall. The sheets and bed had stains on them. The toilet had no water, the room had no water. We had to fill the toilet with water from a bucket at the sink. Once the toilet decided to flush it was black water. We stayed in the room 10 minutes not daring to touch anything. Complained about it and nothing was done. Got a full refund. I would never recommend anyone to stay there if their lives depended on it. Never.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank thatgir

Reviewed April 2, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We're in SC on stormwork and this was the only place that had power & wasn't full. I think I'd rather have stayed in my work truck. This place is dirty but it had a bed & I thought I good shower until I ran water to brush my teeth and the water was brown. We ended up using bottled water for that. I nearly froze because the heater barely worked and another guy's room didn't have heat at all. Needless to say, this should be your last resort in finding somewhere to stay, the only reason we did is because other hotels didn't have power or they were booked. I'm so glad we only stayed here 1 night, I'd never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jmwood73
Reviewed January 21, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We rolled in a little past midnight which in my eyes isn't that late in the hotel world of business. The big sign out side said "27.99" and yet faded the Free Breakfast was visible as well. The doors were closed me the "ring bell for service" sign was stuck to the door. I rang and rang and should have taken that as my sign that I needed to go! Finally this older woman who appeared to have just rolled out of bed comes hobbling around the corner. Tiny shorts, no shoes and hair matted to her head totally took me by surprise, I actually thought it was a drunken guest passing through the lobby but she rounded the corner and opened the door. I asked if she was the night clerk and she nodded. I asked if she had any double rooms available and she nodded again. I said I'd like a room and she quickly whipped out a key and I thanked her. Upon opening the door to our 2nd floor room we heard a distant whistler yes someone was actually whistling, quite well I might add. I joked about feeling like I was walking into a movie.
The room was very hot, air conditioner stunk when we turned it on se we opted to keep the door open for a while and let the cool night air in and well be entertained by the Whistler! It was quite obvious we picked the wrong hotel to stop at! No one could argue that we were being hard on the place! The room reeked of smoke ( non smoking room) no blankets were on the bed :/ quite disturbing, the carpet was in dire need of being replaced like ten years ago and one lonely towel hung in the bathroom area that also housed a old dirty coffee pot with yet no coffee ( not that id be brave enough to give it a try) which btw had a little white tile floor that was engrossed with black mold filling the spaces between each tile. We decided to strip the bed of the top sheet and just lay on the bed for a few hours of shut eye. After a few hours we had enough and headed out. Again the ringing of the service bell awoke the woman who then from behind the counter stuffed our receipt through the night slot to us and sorta said ' bye bye' and headed off. I rang the bell to regain her attention and asked where " breakfast and coffee was" she very seriously said " The Waffle House" I asked if she had brewed any coffee as I pointed to the set up area a few feet away and she said "NO" I had then looked at the receipt and she charged me over 50.00 for the room and I pointed out the mistake and she mumbled "no, mistake" I pointed to the sign outside and said " last night you said 27.99" and she replied " Not today"! By now she had taken the corner and was heading back to wherever she came from. I took a few pics of the sign outside and headed over to the Waffle House, which had 6 employees present yet no coffee made! I couldn't wait to get out of the creepy little South of the Border town! Never ever again will I stop in this town. If I can save one person from the horrid experience ill be happy!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family