“Bed bugs, smells and wet floor - yuk!”
Review of Motel Super 7

Motel Super 7
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bed bugs, smells and wet floor - yuk!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed here because we hit some weather while driving to Florida and had not seen any reviews - BIG MISTAKE. We just needed a place to sleep for 7-8 hours. Bed was horrible and a week later I found there had been BED BUGS - I had bites on my legs from them (it takes a week for bed bug bites to react) We also chose the place because they accept pets - I'm not even sure the DOGS liked the place. The rug at the bathroom area was wet and I was creeped out all night wondering if there would be bugs. I have a cleaner place to sleep when CAMPING in a TENT. Now that I read all the other reviews, I consider myself lucky. I have to agree with the other reviews - how is this place still in business?????

Room Tip: Don't bother - find another place to stay!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TravelGurl9999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
CT
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were driving from CT to FL and we needed to stop and rest for a while. Every other hotel/motel on this exit was full, so we went to Super 8. It had a trip advisor rating of 4 on the door so I figure it was a good place. Well... it was clean, the mattress needed some cushion because all we could feel were the springs, the pillows were hard as a rock, the t.v. had a very bad reception and the channel guide had changed, but we just slept and keep our merry way. If you want comfort, not the place, it you just need a bed and a shower, it is good for you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Esther J
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I booked a room here instead of Dillion Colorado by accident. I understand that it was my fault in regards to me booking the wrong place but when I called the super 8 they were the rudest people ive ever talked to in the hotel industry. I didnt recieve my money back, was called dumb over the phone, also was to come down to south carolina to fight with the front desk woman. The manager wont talk to me about this issue. This place is the most unprofesional hotel ive ever dealt with and the sad thing is I worked for wyndom and nothing like this ever happened at out hotel. Good job super 8 for loosing business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank wbrowning

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We were traveling back from florida and decided to stay the night here. It was aboout midnight when we arrived. We paid $50 for the room. The night attendant barely understood us and vice versa. We got to the room and the ceiling was cracked, peeling and stained in several places. There was lipstick on one of the hand towels and it had not been washed. You could have sawed through a log the other towels were so stiff and rough. The toilet had not been flushed since the last guests. We slept for a couple of hours and left.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank webdzine
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The check in process at around 8PM was fine. We asked how late the pool was open to and 10:00PM was the answer. We purposely chose this hotel for the pool. When we went to look at it we found it closed and locked...the color of the water was disgusting and the hot tub was partially covered with a tarp - it had not water and was clearly broken.
Once in the room, we noticed there was some awful smelling liquid on the bathroom floor and toilet plus on one of the beds. There was something disgusting sticking in the peep hole on the door as well.
We requested another room and were told that someone would be spoken to regarding the poor cleaning job. I question if this is an ongoing issue based on other reviews?
We were given keys to another room and were blasted with an awful smell like rotten fruts and vegetables the minute the door opened.
The third room did not have any horrible smells but had broken off parts of the wall and clearly not cleaned by the sink, etc. We did not feel very comfortable there at all The price was not worth it.
At check out we looked for then asked for a comment card...there were none available nor was any information provided by the check out clerk on how to contact their corporate headquarters as she continued talking to a friend on the phone.
Would have preferred money back and going to a different place instead of sleeping here.
It was our first and last time at this hotel and we would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank muchfuntotravel
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have stayed here prolly a half dozen times but last time I did not get my Whyndam rewards points for this stay due to a clerical error. Whyndam rewards REFUSED to help me and manager Victor REFUSES to correct this problem. I will NEVER stay at this motel or any other whyndam chain ever again. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark R
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The people who say that this place is good must work there. I stayed with my family of 5 on our way moving from CT to Tampa,FL. This was June '07. So this place hasnt changed. Musty carpet, hair on the sink, if i had a black light i would have seen bodily fluids everywhere. there was a old dusty mans button up shirt in the closet. the shower dripped when it was on full blast, i swore i saw streaks of who knows what on the wall, the tv was snowing and the cable that worked was QVC. I didnt bother going in the sheets because it smelled like death, seriouisly D O N O T S T A Y H E R E. go down a few more exits.

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank durangedpilot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
#4 of 23 in Lumberton
Red Roof Inn Lumberton
Red Roof Inn Lumberton
#13 of 23 in Lumberton

Been to Motel Super 7? Share your experiences!