“Excellent Weekend Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillon
The Columns Bed And Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Dillon B&B and Inns
Newberry, South Carolina
“Excellent Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I wanted to surprise my boyfriend at the time (now fiancee) with a small weekend trip. We visited in March of 2013 and all the flowers were out in bloom. When we arrived and entered The Columns it was amazing and very beautiful! The Innkeeper, Michael was a delight and very personable! He helped us find things to do during the day and the Inn alone was amazing to roam in and see the history and beauty. The room we were in was lovely and very clean. Being a romantic weekend we couldn't have have chosen a better place to stay for our getaway. What an experience. I have visited plenty of Bed and Breakfast Inns but The Columns not only has charm, elegance and beauty but it also comes with, as I said before Michael the Innkeeper. He makes this place come alive with a magic you have to go experience yourself!! Thank you for everything and making our weekend so special!! ~ Edwina and Kenny

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room!! Very nice layout and each one is beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lancaster, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The Columns is an absolute delight. From the moment you pull up in front, you can see that this inn is someplace special. Enter into a warm and well appointed foyer and view the beautiful wide staircase. Books, books and more books - every flat surface has books, antiques and interesting artifacts. The common rooms and bedrooms are spacious and luxurious with every detail thoughtfully considered. Breakfast was quiche and fruit, served in in a roomy and comfortable dining room. Michael was a warm and helpful host and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Columns B & B Inn on 10/10/13 while on our way from Savannah to Charlottesville, VA. I saw the 5 star reviews and the picture of the inn and I booked it.

I expected it to be very good but it was off the charts and thus deserves a 6 star rating. Why so high? It was not only a magnificent property but the owner, Michael, was simply wonderful. He is an interior designer and the decor reflects a very creative use of antiques, color and design. All the rooms were tasteful, yet fun, and well equipped.

Did I say he was a joy to talk to? For me he was the best part. He has a wide range of interest and a very open way about him. I came away feeling I made a friend and look forward to my next stop there.

I'd like to add that the breakfast was 6 stars too. The fresh fruit was arranged like a sculpture and the eggs benedict was delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cvonbr
Northern VA
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were traveling between FL and VA this weekend and decided to give The Columns a try. It was about half way in our trip. We were delighted with our choice. The Innkeeper, Michael, was a wonderful and gracious host, meeting us upon arrival and sending us on our way the next day as friends. Breakfast was delicious. The room was quiet, well appointed and very comfortable. The antiques throughout the Inn were fabulous. We have stayed in B&Bs from California to New Jersey and many places in between – The Columns is at the top of the list. - Mansfield Fine Design

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manfinedesign
Clawson, Michigan
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were on our way to Charleston for a wedding and didn't want to drive the entire way in one day. We chose The Columns based on the reviews and location. It was delightful! Michael greeted us and gave us a tour. He generously gave us a bottle of wine we enjoyed on the front balcony and gave us a recommendation for dinner. Our room was gorgeous, quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing with a fresh fruit parfait and eggs benedict. We are hoping to make it back again! Thanks Michael!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful overnight stay at this charming inn. We were on our way home to Virginia from Florida and this inn is exactly half way! We arrived in the early evening and were greeted by Michael on the front porch. He showed us to our room and brought us a beautiful bottle of wine. He gave us a great tip on where to have dinner. We decided to order our meal and have it in our gorgeous room with the bottle of wine. What a relaxing treat that was! We had a great night sleep in the very comfortable bed and woke to a delicious gourmet breakfast. Breakfast was served in the formal dining room. We had a delicious yogurt parfait with blueberries to start, next was eggs benedict with fresh berries and kiwi and the most delicious coffee and orange juice! Michael is quite the chef! We had a great time and we loved the conversation that we had over breakfast! We can't wait to go back. In fact we have already made plans for a return trip in a few months, this time for two nights! Michael is a gracious host and we feel that we have made a new friend! Thank you again Michael, your home is beautiful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Years ago when my husband and I began staying at Bed and Breakfasts I had romantic notions of what a B&B should be. Until now nothing had come close. This is what I had dreamed of and this is what "The Columns" and InnKeeper Michael delivered: A Beautifully appointed Inn with Antique furnishings, Decorated tastefully, Every detail of the property and the house was Impeccable. The comfort and needs of the guests is the foremost concern of the Innkeeper. Quiet, Restful, Super comfortable beds and pillows. Coffee in the morning available right at our door and a Balcony/Porch to enjoy it on. Spectacular and Delicious Breakfast with a Signature Coffee blend, served in the Gorgeous Dining Room. The Inn is Beautiful, yet is so comfortable, you feel welcome and at home. I've finally been pampered. Thank you, Michael.
Bravo. Can't wait to return. LOVE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChesapeakeLinda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to The Columns Bed And Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!