The Columns Bed And Breakfast Inn
$85
BestWestern.com
Economy Inn(Dillon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bbottle of winethe ownerbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful antiquessouth carolinanext morningyou will not be disappointedparfaitfront porchrocking chairsgranolainteresting storiespersonal friendsthe perfect hostquichewe loved our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Columns Bed and Breakfast Inn has become our "B&B of Choice" on our trips to and from Florida. We made this our "Home away from Home" after careful research to find an excellent accommodation different from the run of the mill accommodations off I-95. It is well worth the short diversion off I-95 to receive highly personalized and professional service in a small town atmosphere. If your looking for some "rest and relaxation" in a cozy atmosphere, this is the place to stay. Michael looks after your every need and want.....coffee outside your room, a delicious full breakfast and delightful conversation. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank LM395
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel on business a couple times a year to Florence, SC and have had several bad experiences staying at the major chain hotels in that city so I was looking for an alternative and came across The Columns in Dillon, SC which is about 30 miles from Florence. I was traveling with two other co-workers and we all were so incredibly impressed with the hospitality, accommodations and meals that we can't wait to come back to stay with Michael again! We were all treated like royalty and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The three rooms we had were all unique and beautifully decorated with fine furniture and antiques. The fabrics and linens in the room were very high quality and every inch of the room was meticulously clean!

When we returned to The Columns each night after work, Michael greeted us and offered us a glass of complimentary wine. He would ask each night what time we wanted coffee delivered to the second floor in the morning and what time we wanted breakfast. When we walked into the formal dining room each morning the table was perfectly set and a dish of fresh yogurt, fruit and granola was ready for us to eat. That was followed by an entree which varied each morning and was customized for any special eating need. Micheal served omelets the first morning; French toast with fruit topping on day two and the most amazing eggs Benedict on day three. The breakfast was simply elegant each morning.

Michael was an incredible host- he was interesting, entertaining, and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend The Columns to any traveler. I have stayed in some very elite hotels, but the accommodations and service at The Columns was some of the finest I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: We had three of the rooms on the second floor and each of them were elegantly decorated and well appointed. There was not a bad thing to say about them. My room was larger than the other two but they were all exceptional.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorrie A
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a beautiful mansion and the innkeeper is the most gracious you can imagine. Everything in the house is spotless and sparkling. The rooms are all large and very beautifully decorated. If a guest has a wish, the innkeeper will do his best to accomodate. My husband and I agree that the only mistake we made at The Columns was not to take a picture of the breakfast because it truely was a work of art. We will return to this B&B every chance we get.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the second floor and it just depends on which furnishings you like the best. The inn is on a main street but the walls are so thick that your room will be quiet.
1  Thank shirley p
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were welcomed at the door by Michael, one of the owners. He was gracious enough to give us a tour and the history behind the many beautiful items in the home. What a lovely home it was and is. The renovations they had done to the home were amazing and outstanding! (They shared before pictures with us.) The accomodations were perfect....didn't want to leave as soon as we did but we were headed on to Parris Island for our son's Marine graduation. We had a delicious breakfast served to us in the beautiful dining room...quiche and fresh fruit...perfect. We had some great conversations with the owners and it felt like we were saying goodbye to longtime friends upon our departure. We miss you and hope to see you again. We highly recommend you stay here and it is only minutes off the I-95. A place not to be missed!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms!
1  Thank Chrisandra18
mereal, Owner at The Columns Bed And Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hi, Sandra & Christopher

make me go to that wonderful place,
and check it out.
You both make it sound so good.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Michael and Mark
The Columns B&B Inn. Dillon, SC

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I regularly travel from Florida to Virginia to see our grandchildren, and the drive is always too long to comfortably do in one day, but we hadn't found a good alternative to pushing on through. Finally, we have a reason to make the trip at a more leisurely pace - - The Columns in Dillon, SC. Our mood after an 8-hour drive immediately lifted when we walked in the front door. The innkeeper Michael welcomed us, showed us few of the beautiful antiques in the home, and then invited us to enjoy a bottle of wine on the balcony. What a way to unwind! Our room was big and beautiful, and there were books everywhere! As my husband and I are both book lovers, we had fun looking through the books and settlng on one to enjoy during our stay. Michael served us a delicious gourmet breakfast the next morning, and the we rode our bicycles through the downtown area. There are many beautiful homes and churches in this little town - just charming. We thoroughly enjoyed the accomodations and getting to know this most impressive innkeeper. Well done, Michael Real! We are destined to be among your regular visitors!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely -- I would have been happy in any of them!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family