“Nice place to stop on a trip to stretch your legs”

South of the Border
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Dillon
Columbus, Ohio
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Nice place to stop on a trip to stretch your legs”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped on our way to N. Myrtle Beach. Place it huge and has lots of attractions. Bathrooms were surprisingly clean. We got some ice cream, took some pictures, and were on our way. It is a tourist trap place, what do you expect.

NC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Diner”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was there last weekend. The diner was being demolished. It is gone. We take the kids and stay at the campground. 22 dollars a night and is very quiet The pools are nice and open late. The peddler steakhouse is the best. Kinda of pricey but u can share the steak and I promise the best steak you have ever eaten and a really good salad bar. Very fresh. We enjoyed the reptile lagoon. It is tacky but fun.

1 Thank tiggerjd3
Boynton Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Breakfast at Sombrero Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was driving from New Jersey along I-95 and was about to pass South of the Border in South Carolina. I thought it would be great to have huevos rancheros for breakfast. I walked into the Sombrero Mexican Restaurant. I asked the hostess if they had that. She said that they didn't and that she didn't really know what it was. I continued to my table and looked at the menu. Other that the word "Sombrero", there wasn't another Spanish word anywhere on that menu. I was disappointed and thought about getting up. There was a very slight smell of grease throughout, but I went ahead and ordered the "Mexican Omelet". It was okay and slightly reminiscent of a Western Omelet. Service was fine. I won't go back simply because it has nothing to do with Mexican food. I like Mexican food and was ready for a breakfast. Should have known better. Sorry, folks, not on the "repeat list."

1 Thank stewartjoslin
Syracuse, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“love it every single time!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

we spent one night on way to myrtle and as always love it; room was small but cozy with chairs and table outside; my son loves the spa and pool and rode some rides this time and had a blast; we played mini golf and had fun but i fell on green which was wet and muddy and i got banged up but after went back to room to clean up; very nice quiet sleep only hearing crickets and it feels like u r camping in woods; son had steak and potatoes at the Peddler and loved it and we loved the atmosphere but he had to wait a long while for his steak but they do take time; next morning he had French toast at Somberero Restaurant and loved it and i loved the atmosphere and we walked around the shops and over the bridge; wanted to use outdoor pool but no time; staff is always friendly; we will stay again.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Poor upkeep over the years.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a must-stop for me when I was a kid on our way from NY to Florida. Not much has changed over the years and what is there hasn't been kept up with which is a HUGE shame because I used to love this place.

Visited September 2012