“Got it done”
Review of Days Inn Dillon

Days Inn Dillon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stopped here exhausted after a long day of driving. We had rejected South of the Border for bed bugs and were hoping for the best. We got a room with two double beds for 69.99. The very first thing we did was examine the roo for bed bugs and found no issues, thankfully. The room is surprisingly large with a couch. It's clean enough, good for a one night stay on the road. It's basic, and that's fine. The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. The customer service at the desk was friendly. It was perfect for what we needed.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank quirk6
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to post the review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your reviews is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for your reviews and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-841-0110.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We were told after we paid for 2 hotel rooms for 2 nights that the pool was being worked on and it should be fixed by the next morning. If it was not fixed we could swim in the Quality Inn pool next door ......that it "wouldn't be a problem". The next morning we went to the pool and it was not ready so we went swimming in the Quality Inn pool. We were under the impression that this was an agreement between the 2 hotels. We were then told by Quality Inn management that we had to leave. We went to talk to the manager and the front desk clerk called Ms. Patel. We were told that Ms. Patel said that she would not speak to us nor would she refund us the money for the second night even though we has not even stayed the 2nd night yet......Ms. Patel would not even come out of her office and said that she was "not on call".....she does own this place right? She should always be "on call". I ran into another person who was staying here and had the same problem. WOW..... what great customer service skills you have Ms. Patel. I have filed a formal complaint with Days Inn and I just can't wait to see what you have to say!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Theresa2012
chanchal1, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Pleas accept my humbliest of applogies, I checked you in on the night in question and there was obviously a miscommunication on my part firstly I really thought I had said come by our front desk first so we could call quality to ask, and I applogize if I didn't secondly I left a note for the first shift to contack quality anyway to have it done and that apparently fell thru the cracks. I am deeply sorry for that spoiling your stay, my only intention was to try and help because I knew you guys wanted to swim and somehow it fell apart. I will work harder in the future to insure it doesn't happen in the future even if it means coming in for a few minutes when I am off to call myself if have to in cases like this.
Darrell Coon Front Desk

Reviewed May 14, 2012

What should have tipped me off is that this place has a 24 hour cancellation policy. A Days Inn? When even the big chains let you cancel up to 6 pm on the day of arrival? Anyway, we stopped, we had one look at the dingy, smelly, supposedly non-smoking room, and left. I asked the manager not to charge my card, and she agreed not to. Haven’t checked my statement yet…I hope I was not charged because that will result in a dispute. Keep driving up I-95 for another few miles to Fayetteville where there is a really nice Doubletree hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MommyG60
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Thankk youn for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know how we are doing. I am sorry for inconvience. Please let us know if we can assist you any further. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of eacch and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that yhour feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback from you assists us in improv ing our service and property on a daily basis. Please know that your comment and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another oppertunity to serve you. I appologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you during your next stay.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

If this hotel is #1 in Dillon, you would be advised to drive a little further on the road and find a more adequate lodging. The room we were given was n0n-smoker. When we got in, a nasty smell was readily noticeable. The bathroom fan was terribly noisy. So we asked for another room. That other room was less smelly but the fan was as noisy as the other one and you could't do without since it was connected with the light switch. But not the least, the air conditionning was also very noisy. I had to turn it off so we could sleep. Every thing in this hotel dates back to the 1960s except for the price. So next time you drive by Dillon, take heart and go a little further on the road. It should help bring to your mind happy memories.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mirador194

Dear Customer,
We are deeply sorry that your experince was anything less than superb. We strive to provide only the best service. Pleas know that we take these concerns very serious and will work hard to fix the fans and to make sure all acs work efficentyl and quietly and that all nonsmoking rooms are kept that way.

Darrell Coon
Front Desk

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here about two weeks ago, everything was fine overall. Check-in was quick and friendly, room was clean, bed comfortable. The free breakfast was good,with everything you would expect. I stayed here before, so there's more details in my last review. Only problem I saw was that my room was missing it's smoke detector, but wasn't an issue.
Still the best place to stay in Dillon.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank pav777
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing Days Inn, Dillon, SC. we appreciate your time and reviews as we understand your need while you stay with us. we like to satisfy our customers by doing the best we can. We will check into your proble and will fix it right away. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

At 12:45 am we were happy to finally find a vacancy after searching for 1 1/2 hours along I-95, but turned out unlucky. The alleged "non-smoking room" reeked of tobacco smoke. While there were coffee cups, coffee, sugar, etc, there was no coffee maker! The only way to turn off the red blinking light on the telephone was to unplug the phone. The clock radio/alarm was broken. Finally, we went to breakfast at 9:35 am to find out that they closed it up at 9:30 am. We had just come from a two day stay at the Charleston Days Inn, which was fine, but after this experience I don't think I'll ever try a Days Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thebinz
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for posting the review on Trip Adviser.com. I apologize that your experience was anythibnng less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Pleasse know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and properry on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your connents and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

A nice place to stay overnight when traveling through to Florida. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dianapa

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post the review on Trip Adviser.com regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utlize your response by continuting focus on making each and every guest experience the best can be. We hope to be of service to you in future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hestitae to contact me directly at 843-841-0110

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
0 mi away
#2 of 7 in Dillon
Dillon Inn
Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Days Inn Dillon? Share your experiences!