“BEDBUGS! BEWARE! September 2011”
Review of Days Inn Dillon

Days Inn Dillon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Portland, Oregon
“BEDBUGS! BEWARE! September 2011”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Avoid this place unless you enjoy being feasted upon by bedbugs. Stayed at Days Inn, Room 113 I belive, in Dillon last night and now have more than a dozen fresh BEDBUG bites. Avoid this place! I am investigating a way to sue this place and/or the Days Inn corp office for this issue. I even asked at the desk before checing in if they had any problem with bedbugs and they assured me "they did not have a problem." Clearly they do not truly take care of their beds for this miserable problem.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Marlin D
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
After customer checked out, we immediately checked the room and we did not find any bed bugs.
We still treated that room. Sometimes customer have some kind of allergy or something else and they think it is bedbug. We surely take our customers comments seriously and improve our service. We appreciate them for taking the time out from their buzy casual to let us know how we can improve our service. Your comments are highly appreciated. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,900 helpful votes
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed one night at this very good motel on the main street of Dillon, off I-95. Staff was very pleasant and they accepted a Travel Coupon for the night for $49. We asked for a quiet room in the rear--it had a coffee maker, fridge, 2 comfortable beds and was very clean and quiet. They had free wifi and a computer in the lobby plus free USA Today. The continental breakfast was minimal, but adequate
The motel was far enough from the interstate so it was not noisy. There are many dining options near the motel and there is a Walmart just to the east behind a small shopping center with the least expensive gas in the area..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pnemiller
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
First of all, I am very sorry to respond you very late. I was lost and did not find my page to respond you. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post reviews on TripAdvisor.com, regarding your stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for posting the reviews and if I can be of assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 843-841-0110
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Had everything a hotel room needs. Fridge, microwave, iron, etc. We stopped by for the night on our way home to Florida and was impressed what the room had to offer. We loved how the room had a coffee table and couch where we sat and ate our dinner comfortably. Definitely a nice place to relax after ten hours of driving. Our only complaint is that the towels were old and needed to be replaced. Other than that, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Kristen515
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
I am sorry for responding very late. I did not find my page to respond you soon but now I know how to get on the right page. Thank you for posting the review regarding your stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guet experience the best it can be. The towels in the room have been replaced. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you, and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-841-0110.
Seminole, FL
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed here a few weeks ago for three nights on a trip to the Carolinas, as it's centrally located to the places I like to visit. This Days Inn is a single large two-story block of rooms with exterior entry. I arrived late, and was checked in quickly and politely at about $49.00 a night. The lobby and entrance were clean and well-kept. I entered my room on the second floor, and noticed the smoke alarm was chirping from a low battery. I went back down and was given another room with no fuss.
This second room was fine. The pictures of the rooms here are accurate. It was very neat and nicely furnished. Every basic amenity is included. There's a fridge, microwave, coffee machine, and soaps and shampoo. The bathroom is clean, with a curved shower rod and Moen showerhead. The A/C worked exceptionally well, eventually chilling the room to what I call "Elvis cold" (Elvis Presley liked his hotel rooms freezing cold). The beds were firm and comfortable. I slept well and never heard a sound outside.
The Daybreak continental breakfast room attached to the lobby was a good as could be expected. There's juice,coffee, pastries, cereal, and a waffle maker which I particularly liked. Plus there's a free morning paper waiting as you enter.
The only problems I saw were minor. There was a bulb out in one of the lamps, the toilet ran a bit until you shook the handle, and the TV had a slighty fuzzy picture. With a little more attention to maintenance, a stay here would be perfect.. Overall, it's still likely the best place to stay in Dillon. I would stay here again without hesitaion.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank pav777
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, October 30, 2010
Thank you for choosing us for your stay. We are sorry for the Minor problem you have experienced. We are checking all the rooms and fixing all one by one. Thank you again for letting us know so we can serve you better. Your comments and reviews all grately appreciated.
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Read good reviews on Trip Advisor so I stopped at this motel while driving North on I-95. Called ahead and used discount advertised along the route. The clerk did not have our name or rate but we did get the agreed upon price. The room was on first floor with parking at the door as requested (Two bikes in tow). The toilet rocked side to side missing a secure anchor bolt, with wall paper peeling off the shower wall. The room was old with ancient carpet, but was clean as reported. There is an effort underway to update the room with a very nice exceptional shower installed.
All in all, the motel was adaquate for the rate paid, $49.00.
Now Dillon is another story... It reminds me of what I saw in movies during the dust bowl, with stores closed and empty. Restaurants are scarce and serve fried food... If it's fat you want this is your place. The lccal fuel/coffee/convenience store just up the street on the same side should be avoided at all cost. No coffee, no 1/2 & 1/2... no nothing including helpful staff. This town is OVER.... people aren't pleasant, why not close the town and move on....Incidentally, the pool looked like a frog pond.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gpizzy
chanchal1, Owner at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
We thank you, the Customer, for letting us know the good side and bad side of our operation.
We have fixed all the the toilet and also our pool is nice and clean. The motor was gone bad and we have fixed that and the pool water is clean.

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Very close to I-95 just off the Dillon SC exit. and area resturants. One of the better maintained Days Inns I've stayed at in a few years. The room and linens were clean and the grounds looked to be well maintained. There was free wireless internet with a good signal and a free breakfast but very slim selection by 8am. We just went to the waffle house instead.
Unless you up to shelling out for the Hampton I would personally recomend the Days Inn over the other hotels off this exit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank highmiles61
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post the views regarding your stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your reponse by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of sevive to you and others in the future. we appreciate each guest to post the views on Trip Adviser.com or contacting me directly at 843 841 0110 or daysinn2667@yahoo.com
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was looking forward to the whirlpool in the room and was disappointed when the hotel clerk told me it was broke. First he said there wasn't one in the room and then he said it was broken. He was very apologetic and I was given a discount and another room, but I was still disappointed after a long drive as I really wanted to tub!

Anyway, the room was clean, but it was very well worn and somewhat dingy. Just about everything needs updating, but like most everyone else said, it is clean.

There's really not much around and we skipped the continental breakfast and drove a ways down the interstate to find something elsewhere.

All in all, I would have preferred to pay a bit more and stay at a nicer place. I would only stay again if I had no other options available.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChiSox
chanchal1, Manager at Days Inn Dillon, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Days Inn, Dillon. We appologized for your inconvinence. We blocked that room for installing the shower. The project has been completed and the room is back in inventory. We are working hard to go over everything in room and updating them. Your comments are highly appreciated. Our gole is to satisfy our customers and meet their expection.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Mullins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Days Inn Dillon? Share your experiences!