“Great Customer Service”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were there on a non-race day and drove into a road where there was a guardshack and lift arm just to ask if there was a public entrance. The guard came out, lifted the gate and showed us where to park. Then he walked with us partway to show us where to enter. We could only see the track from outside the fence, but that was enough.
The museum was disappointing, but probably worth the $5 admission fee. Highlight was video of Waltrip's 1991 rollovers (8), the I realized that I was standing next to the actual car.

Visited June 2012

Winston Salem, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The Lady in Black . . . racing is the best here”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My first race ever as a youth was to Darlington. I have been to all the night races since switching to Mother's Day weekend and found them all to be a most entertaining experience. She is not the fanciest facility . . but the best darn racin and fans on the circuit! I'll keep coming back.

1 Thank james w
Scarborough, Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The American experience!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was our first time to a NASCAR race, the Southern 500 in May 2012. The race is not just a great experience but everything in between including the tailgate party, chatting with the other fans and the start and finish of the race. The research paid off and the Pearson Tower was the place to be (4th turn you can cheer on the drivers on the green flags, great view of pits and entire track.

1 Thank ScarberiaGuy
Tampa
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Another great race at Darlington”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is my second straight year of coming to the Southern 500 at Darlington. We sat in the top row on the backstretch, which gave a good view of most of the backstretch and turns 3 and 4. By renewing tickets from the year before, I was able to get a free track walk in the morning before the race. It was really neat to be able to walk on the actual track before the race, and I was also able to sign the start/finish line. The ticket price was pretty reasonable, along with free parking and being able to bring in food/drinks, its makes the weekend pretty affordable. I will definitely be back here again next year.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pearson tower section O!!! Was excellent. Great view of the entire track and entry to pit road”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Pearson tower is highly recommended!!! No variety of food at track hot dogs or fried chicken! Overall experience was good!!! Would highly recommend shuttle from Florence hotels

3 Thank Firegirl631